LI - Private Lesson

(A/N: I'm gonna be honest with y'all, I'm moving so it was hard to update like I used to! But most of the dirty work is done for now so I'll do my very best to get back on posting multiple chapters a day!! Love you all!)

***

"There you guys are!" Belly announces.

I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the world again. "Hmm?"

"You guys are little shits." Conrad points with a small laugh.

"What?" A raspy voice says next to me.

I look over, it's Jere. We must've fallen asleep on the couch.

"Oh, crap! The tournament. Did you win?" I ask Belly.

"For your information, yes." She lifts her nose and crosses her arms.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there, Bells." I get off of the couch, leaving Jeremiah, and warmth, behind.

I pull her into a hug, "Like really sorry. Tell me all about it."

"Well, I won." She says quietly.

"I did too." Conrad says smugly.

"You weren't even on a team?" I accuse.

He turns around and I see "Team Belly" on the back of his shirt.

"You were partnered with Cam." I say.

"Well, he had a last minute... whale thing? I don't remember, all I know is that we won." Con smirks.

Belly laughs, "His internship had to call him out last minute, he said it was a big thing so I didn't press."

I nod.

"Did you find-" Taylor cuts herself off as she walks into the living room. "Oh, there you are."

"Your ankle looks better." I squint at her.

She pauses and her eyes widen just a tad, "Um.. isn't it great what good ol' rest can do?" She laughs dryly.

I give her a knowing look, I know what she was trying to do now.

She shrugs and plasters on a smile.

***

It's been about a few since the big volleyball tournament.

"Get some sports clothes on, champ." I swing into Jeremiah's doorway.

"What for?" He sets his phone down.

"Private lessons, remember." I say.

"Right now?" He whines.

"Right now." I nod.

We walk out in the front with my volleyball. I have us start off with some simple drills.

"No, don't intertwine your fingers." I giggle, "Fist, grab, thumbs on top." I show him.

He imitates what I did, but fails miserably on purpose. He invented a new shape with his hands so that I'd help him. He's been doing it for the past ten minutes whenever I correct him.

I roll my eyes and grab his hands, positioning them the correct way for a pass.

I pretend like my cheeks don't heat up every time I go to fix him and all he does is stare at me while I do so.

"Now pass." I smile up at him.

I set the ball and he hits it.

"Perfect!" I praise.

We've been out here for a while, the sun is gonna set soon so I work on one last basic with him, spiking/hitting.

"Please, try not to kill anyone." I joke.

"I won't." He puts his hands up in surrender.

I show him the foot work and then how to do the hands. Once he has the rhythm down I tell him to toss the ball up and I'll spike it, to give him an example.

"Does that make sense now?" I ask.

He shakes his head, like he's focusing back on the real world. "Sorry, uhm, no. I wasn't paying attention." He says.

I give a confused look, he was staring right at me while I showed him. What does he mean 'not paying attention'?

He walks over and pulls the spandex I'm wearing down a bit.

"Like, half off your ass was out. I just- yeah." He admits.

I blush, slightly embarrassed. No girls ever thought about it at practice, so it was second nature for me to just never mess with my shorts, even if my butt was out a bit. I forgot I'm not in the practice gym.

"Right-" I grab the ball and hand it to him. "Let's try again."

He tosses the ball and I show another spike.

"Okay, got it." He nods.

This time, I'm the one tossing the ball up.

Jeremiah swings his arm with such force the ball comes down rapidly, right onto my face.