𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲

dear johnny,

if your reading this, i'm gone now. im hopefully in a better place, and not in pain anymore. i want you to know im sorry i left you, im sorry for everything that happens to you and everyone else. i know it's not my fault, but i feel like i could've prevented everything. and if i did, we'd be together right now.

even though our time together was short, i want you to know i cherished every minute we were together. from sleeping in the park too spending a week in a broken down church trying to make the best of our situation.

you didn't deserve this, none of us did. please take care of everyone, and especially yourself. i don't want to meet any of you for a long time, no matter how much i love you.

whenever you look at the sunset, know that it me looking out for you. if you ever have a minute, i want you to go the place only we know.

remember that poem ponyboy was telling us? i don't remember it much but i remember how it's 'nothing good can stay' and sitting here and writing this, i finally understand what it means.

we were gold, johnny, and that's why i didn't stay.

i don't want to see you cry or be upset over me. please, for me, keep going on with your life. do the things we could've done but didn't get too.

tell darry, sodapop, and ponyboy they're the family i never had. i appreciate everything they've ever done for me.

tell two-bit and steve i wish i got to know them much more, and i loved them like brothers.

tell dally i'm sorry, and i hope he forgives me. i never wanted to make him or any of you upset.

and you, johnny, i'm sorry for leaving you. you don't deserve to be left like this, and i know someday you'll find somebody who will give you the world and more. you deserve that.

i also want you to know i don't regret a thing between us, every i love you and kiss has meant the world to me.

i don't have much more too say, but please remember, i'll always love you, and look out for you.

all my love,

shelly.