Platonic Yandere

You busied yourself in the archives of the museum.
You heard a noise and looked up to see a person walking in.
He looked nervous and dishevelled.

"Hello." You said making him jump and look at you.

"Oh, sorry I didn't think anyone would be down here. I haven't seen you around here." He said placing the heavy box he was carrying down.

"Oh, I'm Y/N. I'm just a part time assistant here while I'm still studying." You replied as he nodded, he wiped his hand on his jacket before holding it out to you.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Steven." He said as you chuckled and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, where abouts do you work in the museum?" You asked going back to your work.

"The gift shop, not very interesting but at least I'm in a museum." He said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Maybe you can go further eventually." You replied making him smile softly.

"Maybe."

--

You had seen Steven a couple of times since then and tried to make conversation with him but he was rather quiet and awkward.
One day when you were down in the basement of the museum going through new stock you heard a noise and looked up to see Steven.
But he seemed angry.

"Steven? Everything okay?" You asked as he came closer.

"Forgive me for this." He said in an American accent making you look at him in confusion.

"Steven?" You questioned before he grabbed you and held a cloth over your mouth, you tried to scream but the chemicals made you slowly pass out.

"We're going to keep you safe now."

--

You finally regained consciousness, you felt yourself covered by soft blankets.
You groaned and went to move your right arm but it was restrained by your wrist.

"Hello?" You muttered as your memory slowly came back to you.
You remembered seeing Steven, but he was acting odd.
The door to the room opened and you saw Steven.

"Hello, love." He said as you slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes with your left hand.

"What's going on? Did I pass out?" You asked as he came closer and looked down at you nervously.

"Well, not exactly. The man you met is Marc, he's a part of me. We share a body, I told him about you and about your life and everything that had happened and how hard your home life was and we knew we had to do something about it." He said as you looked at him in confusion.

"Y-You kidnapped me?" You muttered in fear looking down at the restraint.

"Kind of... B-But we won't hurt you! We just want to keep you safe, I know your foster family doesn't take care of you. I want... We want to take care of you." He said still keeping his distance.

"I don't want to be here, Steven." You whispered as his face fell.

"It's okay, love. I know you're scared, but I know you'll have a much better life here. We'll give you food, affection and a good life. You can still work at the museum once a week, but only on the days I work, okay?" He said as you looked away from him.

"All of this is so twisted." You whispered shaking your head.
He finally came closer and held your face in his shaking hand.

"It doesn't need to be, love. Just let me take care of you."