-24- Stupid

When I wake up Ace is no where to be seen and I'm alone once again

When I wake up Ace is no where to be seen and I'm alone once again... in an empty bed. Maybe it wasn't as good as he was saying? Did I say the wrong things? Why didn't he stay?

I get out of bed and travel to the washroom, my hair is a mess and I slept with my makeup on.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Taking a makeup wipe to my face a begin rubbing all over my face trying to get all of what I can get off. Brushing the awful knots out of my awful hair.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Once I look semi-presentable I trudge to my wardrobe where I collect an outfit for the day.
Hoodie and leggings since I can't be bothered with anything else. The outfit perfectly depicts my current mood.

I make my way down the hall just in time for my stomach to start rumbling. I find my way to the kitchen, which has also been abandoned. No one. No where. De ja by washes over me as I remember the last time I was home alone.

The attack. I could've died and the one person that was there to protect me fell down the fucking stairs. Useless. I grab an apple.

"Eden??" I call out, desperately searching for any signs off life in this fucking place.
"Mariano???" Nothing.
"Ace." I cringe as I call out for him. The one person who apparently doesn't want to be around me anymore.

The person who messed up and fucked with a stupid girl and then regretted it by morning. The person who couldn't even say goodbye before he left me, alone.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I make my way to my room as my teeth sink into the Apple... gross. It's all old and bruised.
Just my luck. Today is shit and it's only...

10:24am

I sigh and decide to watch a movie, throwing the apple in the bin. It's fine I wasn't that hungry anyway. Flicking though Netflix I find a pretty cool looking show. 'All the bright places'' I press play, snuggle into my bed and try not to listen to my thoughts.

***

"Rose? Rose where are you?" Someone calls out. Tears streak down my face, I'm not bothered to reply they'll find me if they look enough. You'd think with a bright name that this would be a happy movie, boy was I wrong.

"Rose? What's wrong?" Ace walks through my bedroom door, his eyes flick to the tv for a split second before returning focus to me. I don't reply, I just silently sob at the characters death.
"Come here love." He approaches me, his arms wide looking to comfort me.

"No. Stay away from me." I sit up shuffling back. He is taken back, his expression is shocked at my words.
"Mi Amore...?" He questions
"You didn't think to leave me a message or something?! You didn't think to wake me up and tell me that you would be gone for hours?! You didn't think-"
"ROSE! Please for l'amore di dio! I had a work emergency, I left in a hurry ok!?"

I stand on the opposite side of the bed.
"Oh a work emergency?! Someone's head you need to split huh? Someone to leave in a burning building?"
"It's not like that Rose!"
"So you're telling me your 'work emergency' for a job where you kill people wasn't like that."
I mock his words, my tears dried up and replaced with anger.

"Mariano's life was in danger!"
"What? Is he ok?"
"He will be fine Mi Amore."
"STOP CALLING ME THAT! I'm fed up with you Ace! You make up lies to cover all the bad things that you've done." I make my way towards the door nudging his shoulder as I walk past.

He follows me out. "I have never and will never lie to you Rose. Come on, sit down I'll make you some lunch."
"No. I will not fucking sit down Ace! You keep taking me away from my life thinking that I'll magically forgive you for everything you've done"

He's speechless now.
"You fuck around with my emotions, you fuck around with my body and then you just leave me in an empty house! You know what happened last time I was in an empty house I nearly died Ace! So don't you tell me for one fucking second to just sit down!!"
"Per l'amor del cazzo Rosa! l'ho fatto perché ho bisogno di te."

"I don't know what you're fucking saying!" I throw my hands up on the air and walk towards the door I originally entered through. The door which (I hope) leads to his garage where he keeps his precious cars.

Jackpot.

There's hooks filled with keys and I just grab the first one I lay my eyes on.  A jeep.
"Rose. Don't." He follows a fair distance behind me.  My eyes close in on the jeep and I press the button on the keys that unlocks it.

"Rose." He warns, slowly catching up. He could stop me if he really wanted too. He has before.
I make my way into the divers side of the jeep, he rushes to the passengers side and attempts to open the door only to find I locked it.
"Rose unlock the fucking door." I press the button that opens the garage door and start the engine.

"ROSE OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR."
I crack open the passengers window so he can hear me clearly.
"If you try to find me again, I will slit your fucking throat Ace. Leave me alone. You hear me." Just as I finish the garage door reaches fully open and I hit the gas, as I'm driving I adjust the rear view mirror and I see him standing helpless in his garage.

"FUCK YOU ACE!" I yell out the window as I make it out of his driveway. I'm unsure of were exactly I am, but I don't care. I will keep driving until I die if it means getting away from him.

I pull into a small gas station as the sun is setting, I search the car for anything handy. I find a gun in the glove box and a stack of cash in the console.

Perfect.

"Hi." I greet the guy behind the counter and ask him for directions home, telling him I'm just a tad lost. Once I know where I'm going I turn and scout the shop for some decent food.
My eyes fall on a pastry case, the sausage rolls and donuts calling my name.

I bag up one of each, grab a bag of sweets and a slushy and make my way back to the counter.
"16.50 thanks." I hand him a $50 note that I took from the car and make my way towards the door finally heading home.

"Rose!!!" Where the hell have you been!?" Cameron runs at me engulfing me within his arms.
"It's been weeks! We thought you were dead, the safe house got attacked, went up in flames and it definitely wasn't an accident."

It went up in flames. Fire. Ace. 

Fuck.

***
Not edited
A/n - thank you all for all the love my story is getting I appreciate every single read!! If you have any feedback I'd love to hear from you in the comments
I love you 🤟 😘 -Lex