the intro.

❝ 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝒻ℯℯ𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔
𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ
𝒷ℯ𝓈𝒾𝒹ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓃ℴ𝓌
ℋℴ𝓁𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒶𝓇𝓂𝓈 ❞

WHAT A FEELING

i smile a little as i feel a kick inside of me

i smile a little as i feel a kick inside of me. i placed my hand on the spot on my belly, and speak the harsh words with a gentle voice, "connie, i swear, if you give her one more spoonful of cookie dough."

my husband and my daughter, little susannah, squeal across the kitchen. conrad puts his finger to his lips and the spoon in the sink.

"time to stop suz, we don't want mommie to stress out the baby." conrad walked behind me, reaching an arm to rub my big belly.

i leaned my head back on his, "my feet are killing me."

"then sit down, my love." conrad pushed me over to the couch, grabbing a blanket, "the woman carrying life should never be tired."

"apparently you've never carried life before." i grunted, mocking my husband. he smiled down at me.

"i'm so grateful that you do, though." he perked my cheek, and i turned to lay on my side, and watched my small family clean up the kitchen.

sheets of cookies were baking in the oven, and it smelt amazing. suz was now four, and she still waddled around like a giant toddler.

conrad chased after her and her sticky fingers while i began to fall asleep.

susannah squealed loudly and conrad caught her, and i opened my eyes for just a second more.

i caught conrad scooping my daughter up, tossing her over his shoulder, and running around in circles. susannah was laughing so hard her face was red, and i wasn't sure i had seen conrad much happier.

maybe on our wedding day.
or the day i told him i was pregnant.
or when he held baby suz in his arms.

but this was different. and i felt it too.

we had grown a family. and the joy that comes from a full life like that, is unheard of. it's more than we ever could've imagined.

and it was all ours.

"soon, it'll be all yours too." i whispered to the little one inside of me, "just you wait." and then i felt another kick, "save your kicks for daddy." i laughed, looking up at conrad. he smiled over at me, holding susannah still as she kicked and squealed in his arms.

we smiled at each other. and i slowly fell asleep.

he was all mine.

cast.

jessica barden as macedonia castillo
age 20

jessica barden as macedonia castilloage 20

&

christopher briney as conrad fisher
age 19

christopher briney as conrad fisherage 19

and the rest of
'the summer i turned pretty'
cast as themselves !!!

soundtrack.

what a feeling ......... one direction
peer pressure ......... james bay
why did you run? ......... judah & the lion
go the distance ......... new rules
end of the day ......... one direction
crazier ......... taylor swift
from the ground up ......... dan and shay
poetry ......... wrabel
anyone else ......... joshua bassett
heaven is you ......... joshua bassett

MAKE SURE TO READ
MACEE & CONRADS START IN
TYING THE KNOTS (1)
AND EPILOGUE
WHY DID YOU RUN (2)

COMING — AUGUST 20TH.