Chapter Thirty-Seven

"I think I was made to love you."

- unknown

Oli's POV

By the time Luna and I make it back to her apartment after having dinner with her parents and mine, it's after eleven and the two of us are exhausted. When we step into the elevator in her building, I press the button for her floor then wait as the doors close behind us. Luna stands in front of me and loops her arms loosely around my waist. She relaxes and drops her weight against me, a tired sigh escaping her.

A smile gets the better of me as I wrap my arms around her and hold her up. "You doing okay there, Little One?" I ask softly, bending my head to kiss the crown of her head.

"Mmhm," She hums, snuggling her face into the middle of my chest, "It's just been a long day."

"I know," I rub a hand up and down her back slowly and her muscles noticeably relax under my touch.

When the elevator stops at Luna's floor, she speaks up, "Will you stay with me, Oli?"

I'm shocked for a moment, my eyes widening, "What?"

She lifts her head from my chest and stares up at me with hopeful eyes, "Stay the night? I don't want you driving home in the dark and... I don't want you to go home just yet. Please?"

This feels too good to be true, "Of course, Luna baby."

She smiles happily, stepping back and grabbing my hand, "Good." Then she turns and starts heading towards her apartment with me following obediently behind her.

Stopping at her door, she unlocks it and steps inside, pulling me in with her. I shut the door behind us and furrow my brows at the lack of noise in the apartment. It's late, but from what Luna has told me, it's rare to find Alana in bed before midnight.

I turn to Luna and see the same confused expression on her face. "Laney's not home," She murmurs, and digs her phone out of her bag. She laughs softly at whatever she reads on the screen. "I missed a text from her. She said she went out to a bar with a friend from her new job and that she met a lovely lady there that's taken her interest. She says 'don't wait up'."

I frown, "You sure she'll be alright? Maybe just check, if she wants, I can pick her up-"

"Oli, it's fine, Alana's a big girl, she can handle herself. Besides, it's not like her to go home with just anyone. She has good instincts and she'll stay safe." Luna assures me, stepping closer and wrapping her arms around my waist. She bites back a grin, "It's lovely that you care though."

"Of course I care. Anyone and anything that's important to you is automatically important to me." I shrug. That's the way it's always been.

Luna's eyes soften, "God, I love you."

With a wide smile, I lean down to kiss her deeply, because words aren't enough to express my love for this woman. She's everything to me. I pull away slightly to whisper against her lips, "I love you," Another deep kiss and then, "I love you," I circle my arms around her waist to hold her to me as she starts to lean her weight onto me. Tilting my head, my tongue sweeps into her mouth gently, and I can't get enough her taste. "I'm so in love with you," I murmur again before trailing my kisses down to her neck, tonguing certain areas a little longer.

Her soft sighs of content are followed by her knees weakening as she leans into my embrace, allowing me to hold her up. Luna tilts her head to the side and when she whispers, "Oli," on a breathy sigh, I feel as though I've reached heaven.