{91}- Doors and Keys | Aionia Katara

Sorry for the delay. I'm taking the SAT in a week, so expect more. Possibly. Konosuba new chapter will be out in the next few days. We'll end Arc 1 of Konosuba in 3 chapters or so. I think. Anyways, cheers and enjoy!

Y/N POV

It felt dreadful.

No, not just that. It made my entire body pulse in disgust, only to realize it was coming off myself.

To be fair, it wasn't me who was radiating the foul odour, but rather the space around me. I wasn't a sage candidate like Subaru, so the miasma's effect was definitely getting at me. The only reason Echidna and the other witches' miasma did nothing to me was partly because I wasn't afraid of them and that we were in a contract. But now, with the Witch of Envy's miasma on full blast straight to my face, not even Deceit can't do anything to diminish its effects.

And I only entered the first gate.

***********************************************************************************************

Cut to moment of entering

I stabilized my breathing as I stepped towards the door. I remember loud and clear, the exact details of this place. Seeing how it wasn't a door with gems on it, I guess it's the version from the light novel instead of the web version.

In the web version, it was a door with 7 gems on the circle. When Subaru approached it, four gems lit up.

However, in the light novels, Subaru was able to walk through obstacles he called doors, and he passed through 3 of them before being blocked. Shaula also managed it was dangerous to go in there without gathering all seven of the 'gems'. If Return of Death was indeed the Authority of Envy, if not a simple extension, it could explain the phenomenon. Subaru possessed Envy, Sloth, and Greed, while the web novel's door possibly only lit up for the ones he didn't have, as the sins are quite 'dark' things.

Currently, I possess five witch factors. I'm not exactly sure if that would allow me to pass through 5 doors, as Deceit is not one of the original seven deadly sins.

Can't hurt to give it a try, though. 

"Open."

As soon as the word left my mouth, the first gate gave off a slight rattle before I noticed the Sloth Witch Factor pulsed within my body. Seeing the signal as a green light, I stepped past the gate and into the tunnel. 

There was virtually nothing in here besides sand and oh, god... that's a human skeleton right there, is it not?

I advanced upon the corpse, who has no more flesh and only bones. Judging from the deterioration of their cells, they've been dead for more than 100 years... Upon touching the bones, the Sloth Witch Factor gave off another pulse and a simple flash of memories was sent into my brain.

Arrival

No money

Stole stuff

Took jewelry from a noble

Got caught by guards

Saved by someone

They told me to go find a box in some kind of abandoned place

I went there a month later to stock up on supplies first

Found the box

Had some weird thing in it-

SLOTH

HAHAHAHAHA UNLIMITED POWER

The invisible force is amazing.... it's like telekinesis!