Chapter 29

Authors note: apologies for not updating last Sunday, my life for the next 5 weeks is absolutely hectic with uni, work & assessments. I will try my absolute best to continue weekly updates but there might be a few delays which is out of my control during this time. I am so grateful for all your support, reads, votes & comments, thank you for being awesome and reading my story! <3

Elias' POV

For the first time in two weeks, I woke up feeling warm and comfortable. My body is intertwined with Ryder's, his arms wrapping around me as I cuddle into his chest, while we face each other. Somehow, our legs managed to become tangled together during the night.

When I woke up yesterday, I could sense something different in the house, that was until I could smell Ryder's scent faintly. At first I thought I was dreaming, until I actually saw him sitting on the couch.

I'm thankful that he didn't leave me, or break the bond. Although he did suggest that I could do it if I wanted. I'm hurt he suggest it, but I know it's my fault that he ever thought of that in the first place. I made him feel as if I would rather break the bond than be with him. I want to tell him that I would never want that, but I know words won't mean anything. However, actions would, so I will just need to show Ryder how much I need him. After all actions are worth more than words.

I manage to pull my body away from Ryder's without waking him up. Before getting off the bed, I lean down to place a kiss on his temple, hovering there for a little bit, before pulling away and exiting the bedroom.

*

The smell of bacon and eggs fills the kitchen as I try not to burn the breakfast I've cooked up. "Smells good," a voice startles me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Ryder walking into the kitchen. His hair is messy from sleep as he runs his right hand through it in an attempt to untangle it. I give him a smile, simply happy that he's here with me.

"The breads there if you want to toast yours," I tell him, gesturing to the Turkish bread on the counter. He gives me a thanks, walking over to the counter and helping himself.

"So," I begin, clearing my voice, "I was thinking we could go over to mine today," I suggest, looking over to Ryder who raises his eyebrow. "And well, you could meet my parents," I finish nervously. Ryder continues to look at me, not saying anything. "Of course, only if you're up to it, if not that's cool," I quickly add, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. Maybe I moved too fast suggesting that?

Ryder then chuckles, taking his Turkish bread out of the toaster and placing it on his plate. "Elias, I would love to meet your parents," he promises me and I sigh out in relief. "What time were you thinking?" He asks me, as I take the bacon and eggs off the stove.

"After breakfast?" I offer him, to which he nods.

Ryder and I eat our breakfast together on his kitchen counter making casual conversation. We are still getting used to being around each other after what happened. I know our relationship isn't perfect and we still have a lot to work on, to fix our bond, but I'm just glad he's here with me now.

I know I hurt him. And I need to make sure he knows I won't do it again. I hope by introducing him to my parents he'll know I'm serious about him. And that I want this relationship as much as he does.

*

I take a deep breath in, as I try to relax in the passenger seat of Ryder's car as he drives us towards to my pack. "Are you okay? You know you don't have to do this if you don't want to," Ryder reminds me.

I quickly shake my head, "no, it's okay, I want to," I promise him. Although that is true, I'm still nervous, because although I'm sure my parents have heard the rumours by now, I still haven't seen them these past two weeks. I'm not even sure if Silas has told them or not, but they haven't tried finding me while I've been gone, so I gather he has told them something to keep them at bay.