35.

U N K N O W N P O V

"Shes here boss, we see here now." Santiago called through the phone. "Keep watch, I'll be calling a few other men to surround and keep watch also. Don't fuck this up for us like you have the last 3 mission's." I hung up the phone, throwing it on the desk.

A deals a deal.

I get what I want, when I want it.

The Russo family will pay.

She will pay.

K I N S L E Y  ' S P O V

It felt weird in this house. It felt like I was being watched from just about every square inch that I walked. I didn't feel safe one bit.

   While Matteo led me down the stairs, he was telling me a story about something from his childhood. I felt bad for not listening but I wasn't able to comprehend what he was saying. I was to busy looking out the windows.

   "Were you even listening?" He brought me out of my trance. "Uhh- No not really." He sighed but led me further into the living area, which had everyone seated in.

   "So I told you I had a surprise for you. Well," He paused, moving in front of two people who I have yet to meet. "This is Nonne and Nonni." He said, letting go of my hand.

   "Oh, look how big shes gotten Mauro. Oh my sweet Kinsley you've grown to be so beautiful." The woman said. She rose from the couch and waddled her way over to me.

   "Im your Nonne, Elena. It is so surreal to me that you're actually standing in front of me- C-can I hug you?" The beautiful blue eyed woman asked. I instantly nodded and was brought into her warm embrace.

   "That big guy over there, that's your Nonni, Mauro. I'm so sorry we weren't here sooner, we had some things we had to take care of first." She explained. I nodded and looked at my grandfather that sat studying me.

   "You don't talk much, you used to be such a talker when you were a baby." Nonni said. "I don't talk much in front of people I just met." I whispered softly.

   Nonne's smile fell just as fast as it had appeared. "You've known us for forever." He raised his eyebrows. "Well, I've forgotten a lot of my childhood here with all of you. It was so long ago." I reasoned with him.

   I surly don't remember anything from anywhere under the age of 5 or 6. "There's no reason for the disrespect young lady." He stood from his seat. His tall frame made me look so tiny.

   "I do apologize if i've said anything disrespectful, sir, but I was only saying." I raised my hands in surrender. "Nonni I surely don't remember anything from my childhood. I don't think Kinsley will either. And she's been through a lot." Luca voiced from his chair.

   My eyes shot over to his as I gave him the 'shut the fuck up' look. His eyes widened as he replayed what he said. "What. What have you been through?" Nonne asked, worried sketched all over her face.

   "I-" "He mean's that she's just been through a lot to remember everything." Roman cut me off. "What kind of things!" Nonne screeched. I closed my eyes and began to worry. This is how my family is going to figure out.

   I slowly backed up until I backed into something. Which just so happened to be Andrea. He turned me towards him and wrapped his arms around me, I did the same.

   "Kinsley, please tell us, we need to know what's wrong with you." Nonni half yelled. "Whats wrong with her? There's nothing wrong with my daughter." Dad yelled walking down the stairs.

   "Oh and there you are. Now son, tell me what your daughter has been through cause obviously you guys are hiding something." Nonni crossed his arms.

   I squeezed onto Andrea tighter, if that was even possible. Soon I felt another pair of arms around us. "You don't have to tell them if you don't want to, we can make something up." Rodrigo whispered into my ear.

   I shook my head, "I mean they deserve to know. They're my family too. We said we weren't gonna keep anything a secret from each other." I whispered back.

   A while back, we all made the decision to share everything, to not keep any secrets. I have not been doing my fair share of the deal but they didn't have to know that.

   While we were having our mini conversation, Dad and Nonni were still arguing. "Dad, it's ok. I'll tell them." I smiled at my father. "Are you sure? I'm sure they can wait." He said, crossing his arms.

   I only nodded. "I'm sure." I took a chair from the dining room and brought it in the room. I was extremely nervous to tell them. What if they thought different of me? What if they leave like everyone else does?

   I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and imagined the best outcome. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have to go to a meeting. I'll be back later." Matteo said, tucking his phone in his pocket.

"So it all happened when-"

M A T T E O ' S    P O V

   "Keaton, what's up kid." I put the phone on speaker and placed it on the desk. "Are you aware that there are some 50 odd people watching you from every corner of your house?" He asked.

   I put the papers down and focused my full attention on the boy. "What?" I asked. "Seriously, Matteo, there are people watching you talk to me right now." He said. I heard his engine rev. "And how do you know this?" I asked him, sitting in the chair.

   "I drove past, I was gonna see if I could talk to Kinsley. I saw them moving to their spots." He said calmly. Like this was no big deal at all.

   "And where are they located?" I took out a pad of paper and a pen. "There's about 10 in the back scattered around, 10 on both sides scattered around, 20 in the front dressed as normal every day people, and the rest are all in unknown spots, but I know for sure they're somewhere on your property." He said.

   "Bring your crew and meet me here in 10." I said, pushing the paper in front of me. "Yes sir."

________________________________

This took so much longer then I intend and I apologize for that.

I wanted to thank you all so so much for 99k reads! Thats so insane to me! I also wanted to thank you for taking your time to read, comment, and vote on my story.

I appreciate you!!

<3 K