House of Revelation

Layla's POV

"Amber Millington, you shall go to the ball," Mara suddenly cried out as she entered the living room.

"Sorry?" She asked, confused.

"Sweetie's agreed to let us have an end-of-term prom. So long as all of us do the organizing," Mara said, sitting down next to Mick.

"Oh, I'm not really sure that's my thing, babes," Mick looked slightly uncomfortable.

"It's a brilliant idea, mainly because it was my idea in the first place. I think we should definitely only invite boys with gorgeous hair. Or boys who can dance or both of the above. Or maybe all of them," Amber thought to herself.

Amber.

"So, Fabian, who are you going to invite to the prom then?" Mick asked as I noticed him also nudging Jerome for some reason.

"A certain playwriting scholarship student with a thing for antiques and apple pie?" Amber prodded as I giggled. I had a feeling I was finally going to get my Fabina moment soon!

"Of course he'll be taking Nina, if he ever gets around to asking her!" I exclaimed.

"Look, Nina, I don't know why you keep going on about Nina. I mean, me and her, we're totally not an item," Fabian stuttered as he started blushing madly. I grinned at him.

"Come on. You know that you two are secretly crazy about each other. Well, not so secretly," Mick added at the end, again looking over at Jerome for some reason who was sitting on the couch reading a book. He seemed preoccupied though, like he wasn't actually reading it.

"Yeah. So when are you going to put Nina and the rest of us out of our misery?" Mara asked.

"I don't know what you mean!" Fabian stammered.

"It'll be so romantic. You, Nina, Mara and Mick, Me and my new exciting boyfriend-to-be.
I wonder what he looks like. Oh and Layla and Jerome!" Amber squealed. Suddenly Jerome stood up and left the room. Ouch...I thought...you know what...I guess it doesn't matter...I looked at Amber sadly and she just shrugged her shoulders at me.

"Oh! Hi, you guys! You, Mick, Mara!" My sister exclaimed as she and Patricia entered the room.

"So, haven't you got something to ask a certain someone?" Mick prompted.

"Uh, nope," Fabian declared refusing to look up from where he was setting the table.

"About the dance?" Mick prompted again.

"What dance?" Nina asked.

"Mara and I are organizing an end-of-term prom," Amber told her.

"How fun! See? Layla and I have americanized you all. Next thing you know, you'll be saying the pledge of allegiance," Nina stated proudly. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Huh?" Asked Amber.

"Nothing," I told her.

"Anyway, Fabian was wondering," Mick started to say.

"Who you'll be going with, Patricia," Fabian quickly said. Oh no he didn't! I smacked my forehead.

"Why?" Patricia asked.

"No reason. Just curious," Fabian said.

"Uh...I don't know. No one probably," Patricia answered. You and me both apparently...

"Right. Okay. Good," Fabian stuttered again.

"Good?" Patricia looked at him offended.

"No. No. Not good. Absolutely, definitely not good. I mean, it could be good, because someone will ask you eventually. I'm gonna go and I'm gonna go and brush my teeth before supper," he rushed out of them room and I went over to my sister who was clearly upset.