She's on the death list

“Hey grandma Azzura,” I said and she smiled at me

“Hello dear," she smiled and I sat down on the chair next to her bed.

“How are you my sweet child,” she asked as I took her hand into mine.

“Why did you tell your doctor to keep this from us,” I asked and she sighed.

“I didn't want to worry anyone so I decided to be selfish,” she said and I looked at grandpa.

He ran his fingers through his grey strands before sighing. Grandma took his hand and he lifted their hands to his mouth. After placing a kiss on her hand he looked down at her.

She said something to his head nod before closing his eyes. I looked back at grandma Azzura and she smiled at them.

“I’m so happy they found each other,” she said

“Me too or I wouldn't have been born,” I said and she looked at me.

“The family is so proud of you for becoming the woman you are today,” she said and I nod.

“Grandma let's talk about you,” she said and she looked away.

“Doing that will only end in tears,” she said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

The door opened and almost all her great-grandchildren entered the room.

“Grandma!”

She smiled at their faces even though their smiles didn't catch their eyes.

Grandma's sick and there's nothing else her doctors can do.

My granduncle's and grandpa aren't accepting the news at all, I mean none of us are but they are even more affected by the news.

I have been here since yesterday and I don't want to leave her side.

Unknown numberHey Casanova

Unknown number
Hey Casanova

I looked at my phone and read the text. I smiled at the message before picking up the napkin.