Chapter 26

Klein Moretti

Klein was a descendant of a family that had followed Ichiro out of Paraiso and moved to Snezhnaya with him.

His family had personally served Ichiro for many generations but for some reason, Klein was different from the others.

Ichiro had never limited the Moretti family to just serving him. The family had volunteered to do so for many occasions. So some had opted to explore and become adventurers, some becoming scholars with their own books, and some have just separated and lived normally.

But Klein had shown Ichiro his loyalty from the moment he decided to serve him. While Klein was the 3rd child out of 7 of them, with 3 children including Klein choosing to serve Ichiro, Klein was the only one that had caught Ichiro's attention.

While the other two that had chosen to serve him had soon gone off to start their own family and had separated themselves from Ichiro, Klein stayed.

And when Ichiro asked him why, he replied,

"Serving you is and always will be my greatest honor. I have accepted this responsibility with the intention of staying by your side until the end and I will make sure to serve you for as long as you will give me, my lord."

Ichiro was naturally moved by his sudden confession for his dedication. So he gave him a gift.

A gift that will give him exactly as he wished.

The gift of immortality.

He gave him a potion that he had developed that was supposed to be injected to a body Ichiro was procuring for Ruichiro. With a few modifications.

Not only did the potion give Klein immortality, it also gave him the power to occasionally transform into a crow, allowing him more mobility as well as embodying Ichiro's signature animal.

Klein always had Ichiro's best interest in mind, whether Ichiro knew it or not.

Klein carefully watched as Ichiro led Miko away from the house. It wasn't a coincidence that Miko had seen him at the shrine.

While he had no complaints about Rosalyne, he knew that Ichiro had his heart with someone else. Which is why he still remembers the day it was split in half.

Klein was peacefully making dinner when he hears the front door open before slamming shut. As he was about to greet them, he was interrupted by Miko's protest.

"What you're planning on building, is extremely absurd!" Miko shouted and Klein immediately knew what she was talking about.

Celestia had just bestowed Snezhnaya a new archon after the previous one had ascended to Celestia. Ichiro had been the one to suggest Vinea after secretly training her with his ideals of rebellion.

Klein figured that Ichiro had let slip his plans of rebellion and that he had been training the girl for that reason.

Klein peeked his head out the corner to see Ichiro rubbing his forehead in frustration with Miko yelling protests behind him.

"It's for the greater good." Ichiro muttered as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Greater good?! This is a suicide mission you can't back away from once you're in too deep! It's a game of chess that could actually kill you! I could lose you!" Miko yelled.

"So what?!" Ichiro yelled, finally facing her. "Sacrifices are made in every war. If it meant finally breaking free from their grasps, I don't care who will die, whether it's me, my sisters or you, I couldn't care less!" Hs yelled as he practically spat every word out at her face.