CH. 11

During breakfast, hindi makakain ng maayos si Sandro dahil sa tuloy-tuloy na pag-tapik nito sa kanya ni Vinny.

Whenever he try to take a bite of his french toast, Vinny would be there to interrupt. He so badly wanted to exit but then that would come out as a sign of disrespect sa pagkain and to his mom and dad, so he decided to deal with him later na lang.

And those smug smile, fudge!

Buti na lang at hindi sila napapansin ng kanilang magulang, but Simon, who was eating silently in front of them, could see Vinny's teasing smile and Sandro's annoyance towards their bunso.

'Ano na namang problema ng dalawang 'to?' Simon questioned himself.

"So Sandro, Mich's parents came kagabi, have you seen her on the crowd?" Their mom asked, startling Sandro for the sudden topic.

"No, mom." he replied shortly, feeling bitter all of a sudden.

"Really? Busy ba siya?"

"I don't know, dad. I haven't been in touch with her for some time now." his tone raised a little, which he didn't mean to.

Tumahimik ng ilang segundo ang palagid pagkatapos ng sagot ni Sandro, until their mom decided to break it free.

"Now, now. Let us talk about this later na, let's eat muna."

__________________________

"I knew it!" sigaw ni Vinny pagkatapos ang pag-amin ni Sandro in front of him.

"Huwag kang maingay!" saway ng kuya niya who rolls his eyes again. "And besides, it's only a tiny bit of crush, mawawala din 'to."

'It doesn't look like one for me tho.' Vinny thought to himself.

"What?"

Napalingon sila sa pintuan, at saka lang naalala ni Sandro na he actually forgot to close the door after coming in.

There stood Simon, behind the door who's shock and has a confused face.

"Oops." Vinny plastered a foolish grin and ushered Simon to join them, the guts this kid has.

"You're crushing on Inday Sara now?" tinanong ni Simon si Sandro na mas lalong namutla.

"Just like what you've heard, slight lang. Beside, I don't see anything wrong with having crushes sa iba naman eh."

"For now." Simon warns.

The atmosphere suddenly went cold soon after despite the blazing sun outside.

"C-come on! How about a round of chess?" Vinny nervously laugh, to at least ease the tension ngunit hindi siya pinakinggan ng dalawa.

"And what happened with Michelle? I don't mean to butt my nose to other's businesses, pero I've been noticing the change on your relationship since you've came back from the states." Simon continued to ask.

Sandro sighs. "I know you will."

"Anybody would, eventually. Hindi mo kailangang magpanggap na mahal mo pa siya, kung takot kang madungisan ang pangalan natin."

Sandro may be the eldest, but Simon acts and move like one than him. Masyadong seryoso si Simon, hindi tulad niya na may pagka-topak din sometimes.

"The last thing you should do is faking your identity, Sands, and I know you know that better than me." The way Simon glares at him makes him pout unconsciously.

"I already am planning on ending all things between us already, naghahanap na lang ako ng timing."

He feels slightly embarrassed to have Simon lecture him. He should be the one doing all this! Not the other way around.

"Now that I think about it. This is the first time we've ever spoken heartedly with each other since Sandro came back." Vinny broke the silence again.

"Oo nga, noh?" patawa namang tanong ni Simon.