House of Forever

Layla's POV

"Frump. Freak. There are no words!" Amber exclaimed as she threw our dresses back at us.

"Don't be so ungrateful," Patricia told her.

"You helped us pick out these dresses," my sister said as she held ours up.

"Yeah, well, they suits you two but this is me we're talking about. It's useless. No good. I can't go. Go without me. I would have wanted it that way," Amber said sadly as she lay back down on her bed. I shrugged at my sister as we helped each other get ready for the dance.

(Just picture her wearing the necklaces and rings from earlier though and her arm cuff is on display as well

(Just picture her wearing the necklaces and rings from earlier though and her arm cuff is on display as well.)

"Wow," Jerome said as I walked down the stairs to see him standing in a suit. He looked really good, he just hadn't finished tying his tie yet.

"Whoa," I heard Fabian say to Nina. I grinned at the two of them.

"Do you need some help with your tie?" I asked as I laughed at Jerome. He nodded nervously and I stepped closer to tie it for him, stepping back once I was done.

"Where where's prom queen Millington?" Fabian asked.

"I hope we can get away in time to meet Joy. The teachers are going to be watching us like hawks," my sister said as we huddled together.

"I hope Joy can get away from her dad," Patricia added.

"Oh, my word. Don't you all look so grown-up and beautiful? Oh, Patricia, this was pushed under the door. Last-minute date, perhaps.
Very romantic," Trudy said as she looked over at us all and handed Patricia a note. "Where's Amber? Amber? Amber?" She called as we went into the hallway.

"Here!" Amber called down as she descended the staircase to our clapping. "I have nothing to say to you, dress thief," she glared at Jerome. I smacked his arm as I realized he must have stolen her dress. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"Somebody better pinch me. Ow," Alfie exclaimed as Amber followed his instructions and punched him.

"Come on. Let's go over there. I want to try out my new moves!" Mick exclaimed.

"Oh! It's mirror writing again. Must be from Joy. Change of plan. Yeah. She wants to meet me earlier? In the history classroom? I wonder why," Patricia asked as she read the card. I shrugged.

I blushed as Jerome wrapped his arm around mine and walked with me over to the school.

"Why did the chosen hour have to be on the same day as our prom? The universe is so selfish sometimes," Amber exclaimed as we walked down the hallway to the history classroom.

"Amber, we need to meet up with Joy. It's important," Nina said as we opened the door to see Mr. Winkler standing at his desk.

"Hey, guys. Why are you not at the dance?" He asked.