Epilogue

"She's leaving, anak. Don't you want to see her?" Mom asked.

She didn't bother to open the door. She just made her way inside, knowing that she's very welcome in my room. I'm just sitting in front of my table trying to study, yet my mind wanders to nothing but her.

I shook my head as an answer to her question. "There's no reason to see her, Mom."

Her brows furrowed while walking towards me. She held my shoulders and tapped them once. "She'll be gone for four years. That's a long time, Mael."

"She'll be back. Why do I need to see her? It's as if I won't see her forever anymore."

Piningot niya ang tainga ko kaya napadaing ako nang mahina. Marahan kong inalis ang kamay niya roon.

"Ewan ko sa 'yong bata ka!" Nakatanggap pa ako ng mahinang batok. "Ihahatid namin siya sa airport, hindi ka talaga sasama?"

"Kaya n'yo na 'yan," sagot ko saka binalik ang tingin sa libro at nagkunwaring nagbabasa.

I don't understand anything. I really want to see her but my stupid mind is stopping me. Yes, I do feel something for her but I don't want to give her hopes before she leaves. Mom is right, she'll be gone for a long time. That means there will be a lot of changes. What if our feelings will change, too?

I heard her heave a deep sigh. "We're going to leave. Ikaw na muna ang bahala rito sa bahay, and please don't pick a fight with your brothers."

I simply nodded at her. She leisurely walked towards the door and made her way outside. I shut my eyes off and growled due to frustration. Nasipa ko ang kahon sa ilalim ng mesa saka sinabunutan ang sarili.

Four years . . . perhaps I can wait.

I'll wait for her until she comes back.

I'll pursue her once we're already deserving of the love of each other.

Lots of colored papers fell down on the floor when I opened my locker. My brows furrowed. This happens almost every day, and I can't help but be annoyed.

I don't know that girls in College still do this. But sometimes, I can also see some letters from high school students who really go here just to put this crap.

This just reminds me of her kasi ganito rin ang ginagawa niya noon. Halos araw-araw. Kaya tuwing bubuksan ko ang locker ko, hinahanap ko lang kaniya at itatabi pagkatapos ay itatapon ko na ang iba.

Pinulot ko ang mga nagkalat na papel sa sahig at kinuha pa ang mga naiwan sa loob.

"Oh, love letters na naman, bro?" My friend came.

Binuksan din ni Jason ang locker niya na katabi lang ng akin, may mga love letter din doon pero hindi kasingdami ng akin. I am not really happy to have this.

"Same old." I sighed.

Alam ko namang wala na akong makikitang pangalan niya sa mga sulat na 'yon kaya tinapon ko na lahat sa basurahan.

"Ba't mo ba tinatapon palagi, Cai? Aren't you happy because there's a lot of girls that like you?" Jason put his arm on my shoulder as we walked.

"No," I answered, straightforward. "There's only one girl that likes me who matters to me."

Instead of wasting my time on other things that aren't really important, I focused on my studies. I studied hard. I spent my free time learning our business and how it works because I badly want to make it more successful. I had a lot of sleepless nights because of it. I graduated as Magna Cum Laude and I can say that it was all worth it.