Ch 568: The Life Of Zhen

As Old Man Hu finished telling everyone present all he knew before the third prince, no one made a sound, all busy processing what they had just heard.

Lin Ye already guessed the general situation that he found himself in. His guess was based on some dramas that he watched with his family in his past life. His family mistreated a prince that was destined for greatness, because how they did not want to lose the power that they had over the country.

The more that he thought about it, he realised that this mission would be a hassle to do now. At least one of his mission was done now, there were more pure humans other than him in Terra. Now he only needed to save his little sister from being married to the guy that Lin Ye should not mess with. Not because he was a prince, he was the owner of the company that Kal'tsit was interested in partnering with them.

... Maybe Kal'tsit would not get mad at him if he got the royal family of Yan on their good side?

Food for his thought.

Lin Ye pinched the bridge of his nose as he was thinking about all of this. Why was his new life full of problems? Problems that were slowly getting harder for him to handle?

At least he understood why Ying Li, his little sister - this was still something that he needed to get used to - lied to him.

She wanted to protect him.

And it looked like the feeling was mutual with him, too.

"Your Highness, you should know why the princess lied to you," Old Man Hu said, "She did not want to lose her brother for a second time. If you want to leave the country, I can get some help with that. I advise ‌you to take a boat, harder for them to find you that way"

"Brother, huh?" Lin Ye tried the word in his mouth. He had a little sister. Not an adopted one, but one that was related to blood. He had a family in this world.

"Gege?" Noticing Lin Ye spacing out, Nian called his name as she tugged on his shirt to get his attention.

"What is it Nian?" His face softened, and he lowered his head to look at her.

"With the princess being Gege's sister, does that mean she is my sister too?!" She asked excitedly, Then he realized something, making both do her eyes widened, "Does that mean I am a princess too?!"

Lin Ye raised his brow hearing his. He then barked out a laugh and rubbed her head, "Yes. Yes, it seemed so."

"So what will be your first order of being a princess, oh Princess Nian?" Lin Ye asked as he smiled at her.

"I want to meet my sister!" Nian said with a bright smile on her face.

"As you wish, Your Highness," He chuckled, "As you wish."

Nian giggled at how she was being treated. Seemed like she enjoyed being treated like royalty. Lin Ye noted that new detail.

He looked up from Nian and toward the two people that the third prince.

"I know both of you wanted to catch up with me," Lin Ye smiled at them, "Truly, the same goes for me too. However, you need to go back. People will get suspicious at how long you both been absent, especially you, Mr Hu."

The old man nodded at him, "True. I still need to say by the princess's side."

"I have to decline your offer, Your Highness," Leizi said to him as she placed her hand on her chest, "As Mr Hu needs to be at the princess's side, I need to be with yours. I will not repeat my past mistake."

"..."

"..."

Both Lin Ye and Leizi stared at each other, neither backing down.