Chapter 24: Staying

Roman's POV

Why am I so fucking angry? Why isn't this like every other argument we've had where we can own up to what we did and actually move on? I understand that I'm not innocent. I also had lied to her about getting those texts, but I never would've put my life at risk the way she did. I wouldn't have gone out somewhere where I knew I could've been seriously hurt and the outcome could've been that I would never see my family again. But then I think about if Alaiya's secret about Walker raping or sexually assaulting her would've been threatened to be put out or was about to be announced to the entire world. And then I think if I had been told to meet the person and Eldon's team would've been by my side.

Would I have done it? In a heartbeat.

I promised that we wouldn't get into a fight like this ever again. That I wouldn't allow it. So again, why the hell am I so angry?

Maybe it's because you're a bitch Roman who also happens to be a hypocrite. I don't know, just throwing out some ideas.

God, I'm so annoying.

And the worse part is, I'm not angry at her for actually going. I was worried as fuck, yes. But the thing that really pissed me off was that she didn't tell me. If she would've have said this is what I'm going to do, I would've for sure said no of course, but even if she had convinced me, I would've at least known where she was and it wasn't done behind my back.

But would she have convinced me? Abso-fucking-lutely not.

So what we've learned today is that I'm the world's biggest hypocrite, I need to grow a pair, and I need to tell her what actually made me upset. Am I going to do it though? With my petty ass, it's hard to tell. Alaiya's turning me into just as stubborn as she is. Oh god, if I start arguing about common sense things, please grab one of those metal bats and knock me out of my misery.

I take my shower which I wasn't even planning on taking just yet, but I already made the dramatic exit and I can't just walk out in a couple of minutes without the water running.

Damn it, I am turning into her.
I'll buy the metal bat.

~~~~

For the entirety of the next day, I've avoided Alaiya and she's avoided me. Side note: She's making it really hard to accomplish said avoiding when the shorts she's wearing make her ass and hips swing back and forth so fucking amazingly without her realization.

"Okay, so Bethane and I have a question to ask all of you." Rider walks in with Bethane by his side and Grayson hanging from his leg, along with Aria on his back.

Everyone is sitting in the living room so he gets all our attention.

"We're not fucking jumping off the roof and into the pool," Sanchez immediately shuts it down.

"Why not?" Skyler whines while sitting in his lap.

"That's a topic for another day." Rider points, Bethane poking him to get his attention back to what they were originally going to speak about. "Oh, you know how Eldon said that we can all go back to our houses now?" Rider questions, his face looking like it's gonna burst with excitement.

Why the hell does he look constipated? Or like he ate a whole lemon? Both, actually.

"Should I say it or you?" Rider fucking giggles towards Bethane.

"What if we all stayed together and didn't go back?" Bethane rips the bandaid off nonchalantly.

Rider instantly looks offended towards her while we're all a little surprised at the suggestion.