115

"Morning sunshine," Daniel gave a bright smile to a half-sleepy Max as soon as the latter opened the door. Before Max could respond Daniel walked past him and entered Daniella's house.

"It's too early to even look at you," Max groaned as he closed the door, the sleep slowly fading away as he become more awake. "What are you doing here?"

"Michael took me for a run and we worked out for a while.." Daniel replied as he made his way to the kitchen and Max reluctantly followed him. "It was all going well but he made the workout too gruesome so naturally I had to ditch and run away from him."

Max couldn't help but shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose as Daniel opened the fridge and got himself a drink.

"So where is Dani?" Daniel asked as he drank the cool drink, trying to get the thirst away.

"She is still sleeping," Max replied as he went and got himself a glass of water. "She was up late last night..."

"Ohhh!" Daniel gave his friend a knowing and mischievous look along with a teasing smirk. "I see you two have been busy. That's good. It's good for the relationship."

"It was not like that," Max replied. "She had some online meetings...she is collaborating with some brands and designers."

"So how does it feel to sleep next to the female version of Lewis?" Daniel teased Max, making him choke midway while drinking the water.

Daniel patted his back as Max coughed out the water and then looked at his friend with his eyes wide.

"What is wrong with you?" Max asked, looking disturbed as Daniel laughed. "Dani is not the female version of...she is just Daniella, okay? Not the female version of anyone, especially Lewis."

Daniel lift his hands up in surrender but still couldn't wipe the smile off his face as Max shot him a glare.

"I was just pointing out that..."

"Don't," Max warned him, making him laugh even more.

***

Daniella was still asleep, with no knowledge that there was an unwanted guest in the house. Max went to the bedroom and took his phone, not wanting it to ring and disturb her. He then went back to the living room where Daniel was, sitting on the couch and surfing through the tv channels.

"When is she waking up?" the McLaren driver asked his friend. "I was hoping to have breakfast here. If I go out Michael might catch me."

"Let her sleep," Max replied. "You know, she won't mind if you cook something for yourself."

"That's a great idea," Daniel nodded and then looked at Max. "And then she will wake up to a burnt house and make it her mission to kill me."

Max rolled his eyes in annoyance and just threw Daniel an apple.

In a few seconds, Max's phone started ringing and he was glad that he took it from the bedroom otherwise it would have woken Daniella up.

"I need to take this," he said to Daniel. "Don't wake her up," he warned him.

Daniel nodded, agreeing with Max. But as soon as Max went to the balcony to answer the call Daniel got out off the couch and picked up a throw pillow before making his way to the bedroom.

He carefully opened the door and sneaked in his head first to check if Daniella was awake. Once he saw that she was still asleep he stepped in with one foot still outside the door. He didn't spare much thought before he made the aim and threw the throw pillow. It hit Daniella directly on the face, making her instantly wake up.