Chapter 29

I ducked my head in vain as a crumpled up piece of paper flew and hit my temple. I could feel myself growing irritated. This has been going on for the whole day and I don't think I can withstand it anymore without kicking someone's ass.

Thank God it's Friday or I wouldn't have anything to be happy about today and feel pathetic and take it out on one these jerkfaces and reveal my identity by knocking him out with one punch.

If it wasn't for the fact that my street fighting is illegal street fighting, I would've lashed out on every single bitch that throws me a crumpled paper which will probably take a long time considering the amount of crumpled papers that has abused my forehead and temples today.

I grumbled out a curse, glaring at my table with a heated stare, willing it to come alive and eat the stupid, annoying baboons.

What the fuck did I ever do to them? I thought in frustration as I gritted my teeth. They're taking their anger out on me because they think that I'm the weakling, the girl who would let people walk all over her.

It was tempting to show them what a Johnson is made up of but the fear of being found out was crawling up my neck and was gripping my heart tightly as I thought about the expressions that would be etched on my parents' face should they ever find out what I do.

I rid the thoughts from my mind as I picked the paper up gingerly. I knew what the content of it would be. At least, I knew the outline of what they would try to convey in it.

I was just curious in what they came up with this time. Curiosity did kill the cat but I'm not a cat, now am I? And it happened too many times for me to be immune to it by now.

They said that what you do for 21 days will gradually turn into a habit, in this case, what they inflict to me was a habit I learnt to live with, learnt to ignore.

My eyes skimmed over the paper as I read it. I was about to crumple it back up in my fist but a word and a name caught my attention as I let my gaze linger on it for more than necessary.

Murder.

Bryant.

Murder.

Bryant.

No one would be so cruel as to even graze the subject. No one and Maddison isn't an exception so when I looked around and caught her glare, I brushed it off lightly. She's always glaring at me.

My eyes flitted from face to face in the classroom. Some heads were ducked, minding their own business, completely oblivious to what's about to happen as I locked gazes with a smirking Sonia.

I turned my back towards her as I faced the board once more, my face grim and I could feel the monster inside me rouse from it's sleep.

No. Don't. She's not worth your time. She's not worth the risk. I chanted like it was a mantra that was the only thing my life was clinging on.

My sane side was hanging on to it like it was my life line but my ruthless side, the side that was out for blood was provoking me and egging me on to beat the crap out of Sonia for even bringing up Bryant into this matter.

I got up from my seat and exited the class, earning a concerned glance from the teacher but she decided not to question as I slipped out of the room silently.

I needed to find some fresh air and clear my clouded thoughts.

With long lazy strides, I headed to the library and pushed the double doors open with a gentle creak of the rusty hinges and I stepped inside, basking in the smell of old books. The musty air filled my senses and I closed my eyes just to appreciate the serene feeling.