Chapter 29

Nya's senses came alive. The water was ice-cold sticking her clothes to her body but still, she felt the blazing heat coming from who she knew was Vince. She opened her eyes slowly and they came into contact with his. She was cradled on his lap in the back seat of his truck. The door was open and she could hear thrashing water outside. She made a sudden move trying to get off him but he was faster. His fingers curled a set on her thigh and a set on her upper arm.
She swallows. "Where is my sister?"

"You're not going to ask why you're wet or how we got here? Maybe, what happened?"

"We shouldn't be like this." She was more aware of his proximity and his touch. The look in Malina's eyes was one she never wanted to see again. It also made her realize the severity of what has transpired between them.

"Like what?"

"Like this." She tried again to slide away but she wasn't going anywhere and making improper movements on a certain area.
He quirks up a brow and she stops, curling hair behind her ear nervously. "If Lee sees us like this, what is she going to think? She already has the wrong idea."

"Does she?"

"Of course she does. Please..." she begs to be let go of.

He rolls his eyes, lifts her, takes her to the passenger seat, and gently places her on it.

"Th Thank you." The space between them immediately made her shiver. He buckles her seatbelt before getting on the driver's side and turning the heat on full blast. "Thank you." She holds up her hands over the blowing hot air.

"Feeling better?"

She nods.

"You sure? If you-"

"I just want to find Lee."

He shakes his head and grabs the gear and just as he was about to shift into drive a black SUV pulls out from the steep road in front of them. It was Bent and Malina.

Nya looks ahead and sees her sister coming out and rushing her way. She unbuckles herself and grabs the door handle.

"Nya." Vince tries to stop her but she doesn't listen. She gets out of the car and holds onto the door for balance. She was weaker than she thought. Her knees buckled.

"You're okay." Malina comes full force with a tight hug that kept her on her feet. "I was so worried." Happy tears well in her eyes." "You're okay."

"I'm fine."

"How did you..." She wipes her eyes and looks at Vince who was now standing in between the vehicle door.

"I'll explain later, just get her back in the truck, she's cold."

"Come on." Malina guides her back in but instead of putting her in the front seat and going back with Bent, she closes the door and gets in the back with Nya. Vince appeared irritated by the fact but he didn't say anything. He drives the truck following his brother's vehicle down the inclined road.

Nya's lips trembling subsided as her sister hugged her and heat fanned nearby. She glances at the rearview mirror, Vince's sharp eyes glance at her at that very second making her gasp subtlety. The power of his glare she thought. Heavy like a mountain was dropped on top of her. She might be exaggerating but that's really how she felt and the only way to describe it.

"Warm now?" Malina interrupts her foggy hell train of thought.

She darts her attention away from her alpha. "Yeah..." She was also tired, very tired. She closed her eyes and the next time she opened them she was on a bed.

She rose and furrowed her brows when she realized that she was in Alpha Vince's room. She was also changed, now wearing just an oversized t-shirt and panties.