Chapter 51

*Sigh*

It's been two days since Emma followed the Empress Dowager's order.

Right now, she was in the East.. looking for Duncan.

That doctor whom she told to lie in exchange for his mother's safety.

'Where does he live?'

"Tsk." She clicked her tongue.

'This is all Catherina's fault.'

If Catherina ceased to exist in the first place, then this wouldn't have happened to her.

The empress gave her time to accomplish the order. And that is to finish it before the banquet starts.

"Ah, excuse me. Where can I find Mr. Duncan Delgado?" Emma asked a certain couple who ran a stall.

"Duncan Delgado? Have you heard that name before?" The woman muttered.

"Sounds unfamiliar."

"We apologize but we don't know that person."

"It's fine. Thank you for your time." Emma smiled then left afterwards.

'Dammit.'

While walking, Emma noticed a bulletin board.

She stopped for a bit and read about a guild who sells information.

She took the address and started moving.

..

*Creak*

She opened the door and entered.

"Hm.. A lady. How can I help you?" It was the same man whom Owen encountered years ago to ask for information about the caretaker.

"I'm looking for a man. His name is Duncan Delgado."

"Duncan Delgado? I'm sorry but the name doesn't ring a bell." The man trimmed his nails with a nail cutter.

"How much do you want?" Emma glared at him.

"Well, a mountain of gold would do HAHA!"

Emma threw him a pouch of gold coins and the man stopped laughing.

"Is that enough?"

*Sigh*

"I apologize, young lady. But the information you want is already bought by someone else. The guild master told me. And once an information is sold, we cannot give it to someone else, no matter how high the offer." He shrugged.

'Someone else bought information about him? Who?'

Suddenly, Emma had a bad feeling.

"Who bought the information? Did- Did a lady with silver hair somehow come here?" She asked, paranoid.

Emma needed to know. She wants to know if everything was just a hallucination or not.

'Impossible. It doesn't make sense at all.'

"Revealing the employer's identity is not allowed, miss." Jared, the guild master and the one who provided Catherina with information interrupted the conversation.

"So leave." He added.

Emma gritted her teeth.

She took back her pouch of gold and left the building.

'Then I'll find him by myself.'

Emma continued for her search.

But little did she know,