1. new year

It was the 31st of December on the infamous New Years party. This year was the Romeros' time to host. The Romeros' are the richest mafia family in Italy, Pedro Romero,is the head having no heir but his daughter,Elara Romero.
One may think that having a daughter in this world is bad luck or pointless but that's not the case.

Elara is currently the youngest to kill 1000 people,71 of which were in one night. She's seduced men,bewitched women,inspired her juniors and put her seniors to shame. All of this accomplished at the tender age of 18.

18 is a challenging age to be especially if your a woman. Pedro,Elara's father has decided that tonight he will present his daughter to the main families in Italy (and there's a lot.)

Elara
I turned 18 on the 12th of December and my father has now decided that today will be the day I'm 'presented' to the main families. In reality he means today,I will meet the family I will be marrying into. And it won't be because I fell for him or if he's a good person,no it will be what will benefit our family and this mafia.

At first I was reluctant but dad was smart enough to bend the traditions a bit meaning that instead of blindly going into the marriage or shall I say business deal,the man has to meet my requirements:
1. Relatively attractive
2. Has to allow me a place in the mafia
3. Can't be older than 22
4.Respectful
I personally that these are realistic but when I told my dad he huffed and said "figlia mi rendi davvero la vita difficile"(daughter you really make my life hard )

The party has begun and I take my place next to my dad on the elongated decorated dinner table. It has candles placed orderly on it, a few white flowers scattered across it and lots of gold wine glasses. I sit back in my throne like chair inspecting the crowd of wealthy families while my dad introduces me to the Italian mafia. I receive a couple of smirks and nods my way when he says my name. One stupid idiot whistles and shouts "wow she looks like a porn star,I wonder what she's like in bed!"
My dad hears and immediately looks my way and shakes his head telling me to stay seated. Fuck no. You don't come to my house and insult me while my dad is giving a fucking speech.

I lunge myself up and head towards the bastard. "Move!" I shout at more idiots who are in my way. Once I reach the dumb fuck a few of my bodyguards including Alice,Sage and another but I can't see her properly in this light,have already pinned him backwards on a wall and Alice,my favourite,has a knife pressed against his neck. And yes all of my bodyguards are female because men are abominations to society.

"What shall I do,El?" She asks meeting my eyes. I look around at the people glaring at me in awe and then at my dad whose eyes are screaming "use your head!" before telling her to kill him outside.

Alice is the only person who can call me El or any nickname,she's the only one who can meet my eyes while talking to me and she's the only person I truly care and trust. She's been in my dad's care for the longest and was first my best friend before being my bodyguard. She's the only person that I chose that will come with me when I get married.

As I walk through the crowd,everyone cheers me on. I join my dad on the stage who gives me a nod of approval before continuing.

The speech is done with and my dad walks with me to the first family,the Marios, who have 4 son non of which are married,the eldest is 49 and the second is 30,middle is 17 and the youngest is 3. After seeing them all I can confidently say the 3 year old is cuter than all of them. I wink at him playfully and he erupts into a laughing fit,it's the cutest little laugh ever and I cover my smile with my hands. I love kids.

I look around,bored and see that someone is watching me from upstairs. From down here he looks gorgeous he takes a sip of wine before leaving. Who is he?

Me and my dad meet family after family until it's time to meet the Morreti brothers .The Morreti brothers are the worlds richest family and the only mafia in Spain after conquering the others and diminishing them. The three brothers are Ares,the eldest,Darren and Xavier. Ares and Darren I believe have wives,well Darren has a girlfriend. Their mother died when in labour for their sister who ended up being a still born and their father killed himself shortly after and because of these unfortunate circumstances Ares has stepped up.

Ares and my dad share a conversation in which I don't add anything. We all go upstairs to meet Darren and Xavier both who we find with strippers dancing on their laps. I stop myself from laughing at their faces when they see my dad. Priceless. They remove the ladies with respect. I make a mental note.

My dad, me and the brothers sit on some leather sofas. I look at them and try to notice something that might help me to figure out who is who. Ares is noticeable as he has stubble and holds himself differently,like royalty. Darren has glasses hooked in his shirt pocket and a few tattoos and Xavier, shit Xavier is breathtaking.

After the conversation finishes my dad leaves me alone with the three brothers. Darren sits next to me and grins,his smile is unexpected but very welcoming. "Hi,I'm Darren you probably know Ares,right?"

"Yeah I'm familiar," I say. And he nods.

"Ok well that's Xavier,the youngest,he's 20 and I'm 22 and Ares is a lot older and moodier,he's 30." He explains to me and although I'm listening the question is destroying me. WHO the fuck am I marrying.

So far I feel comfortable with only Darren so I ask softly "am I marrying you?" I feel stupid asking but he smiles and shakes his head and points to Xavier who is stood flirting with some girl. Do I go up to him? Does he know?

I stand up and say bye to Darren and Ares before making my way to Alice. She sees me and she asks excitedly "what the heck happened?"

"Well I'm marrying Xavier,he's good looking and ticks off a lot on my list but Alice,we didn't talk,it was really awkward and the bastard was chatting up this other girl," I tell her begging her for some help or advice.

She blinks at me "miss you are marrying Xavier Morreti?" I nod taking a gulp of  champagne. She escorts me to the bathroom. And I sit on the sink ledge.
"Did you try talking to him?" I shake my head and rest my head on the bathroom wall .
"Ok look your not getting married straight away so you have time to get to know him," she advises. "And El you don't have to do it tonight,tonight you can fuck whoever you want,dance on whoever you want."

I agree and we go back to the dance floor. Chase Atlantic blares through the speakers and we both smile at eachother before dancing. Mid way through 'Church' I feel hands brush against my hips. I turn around and I'm met by a pair of green eyes,I don't recognise him but fuck it. I grind against him and he dances with me. All of a sudden I feel these eyes drilling holes into my back. I look back and see Xavier staring at me,I kiss 'green eyes' making him watch. He clenches his fist.
Should have talked to me.

The next morning

I wake up in Alice's bed with her next to me. I smile knowing she had my back,making sure I wouldn't do anything stupid. I open my phone and see notifications from an unknown number.

Unknown:this is Xavier
Unknown:I'm picking u up at 11
Unknown:make sure u save this number

I don't bother replying. Shit I look at the time 10:45. I hurriedly rummage through Alice's wardrobe to find something to wear. Shit what shall I wear. I text him back.

me:hi
me:where are we going

I wait nervously tapping my screen. He replies.

unknown: just wear a dress or something idc

rude. I roll my eyes and wear one of Alice's dresses. I write her a note and leave.

first chapter is done :)
on to the next —> —>