chapter sixteen

Family, a word she isn't familiar with, watching the snow trickle down on her as she sat on a bench and decided to freeze than to be in the house. Christmas, something that simply did not exist in her house, watching a father and his daughter play in the snow as they kept walking. She felt her cheeks get colder, not wearing the proper attire, not even a jacket.

What did she do to have her mother hate her? Nora knew one reason, being the heiress was just a slap in the face for her. She hated being in that house no matter how she tried; the yells still haunt her mind every now and then, no matter if she was sleeping or not. Having enough with watching all the happy people around her, Nora stood up from the bench and walked back to Grimmauld place, sighing and hearing carolling music in the distance.

To others, 12 Grimmauld place is hidden, but for Nora, she sees a building just like the ones around her, dark, gloomy; it would make your soul crumble into nothing. She slowly saw Sirius hide way in his room, looking below and smiling to know Nora is back.

Nothing matters anyways.

Shutting her mind off, she knew what would happen if she didn't, letting anyone around her know what she was thinking, sleeping or not. Shaking off any snow she had on her, Nora heard her father call for her from his study, going left and through the gloomy halls where portraits talked. "Ah that's the heiress, beautiful skin." One of them said, winking at one of them.

"Yes father?" Being monotone was hard after actually having a personality for five months. Clearing her throat and sitting down on one of the chairs, Orion was reading something and shook his head. "Still reading daughter?" He grumbled out, drinking what wasn't water. "Yes, why do you ask?" Nora asked, sitting like a lady after she realized she was practically falling out of the chair.

"A real lady doesn't need a proper education, reading will only fill your brain without knowing how to properly be a good wife." He said, putting down the paper and looking at his daughter.

The same old talk every year, nodding and letting Orion know she'll be a great wife to anyone she chooses or they end up choosing. "Of course father, I need to know how to clean a table than how to have a job." Nora mumbled the last part. Orion grinned as she put his hands on the table. "Have you found any lucky suitors—"

Laughing a little bit and cutting her father off, Orion furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head in disappointment. "No father I haven't. I'm trying to get good grades than to worry about the boys who will be perfect to be my husband."

"Nora I'm serious, when I was 16 I was—"

"Father I don't need to know you were practically looking for eye candy.. you still ended up with your cousin." Nora immediately wanted to take back what she said, holding in her laughter. "I see you aren't ready for this conversation, go help your brother with the table, lunch is soon."

Getting off the chair and thanking merlin, Nora walked out as if nothing happened, going down the long, dark, narrow hallway. Avoiding any kinds of portraits, the brunette saw her twin brother put napkins down, seeing Kreacher watch him. "I'm not going to steal anything Kreacher, this is my house too y'know." He snapped at the house elf, rolling his eyes.

Nora smirked, grabbing the cutlery and following her brother. "I see your plan to see the Potters backfired huh?" Nora simply asked, knowing she saw her mother practically put up bars in his room. "Mother is a mess, the rehearsal dinner will really made her delusional." Sirius grumbled, grabbing the glasses for the four of them.

"The blood traitor shouldn't talk about Madame Walburga like that." Kreacher shook his head, looking straight at Sirius. Nora became became angry to know Kreacher has overhead their parents talking about Sirius, clearly becoming rude and annoying. "Kreacher nobody asked for your opinion, go be useful and get our parents for lunch, isn't that your job?" Nora scoffed, waving goodbye to the moody elf.