Diver Down

Robin and Eddie were at either side of the front of the boat, oar in hand and paddling out to the middle of the lake where Patrick had died in hopes of finding out whether or not there is actually a gate in the water. Adira was sitting between the two of them, the sides of her thighs against both Eddie's and Robin's thighs, so to say that Eddie and Robin were enjoying this ride - it would be an understatement.

Adira was using her flashlight to scan over the water, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, she was softly humming 'Should I stay or should I go?' by The Clash, an occasional yawn falling from her lips as he blue eyes skimmed the water.

Steve and Nancy were sitting at the back of the boat, Nancy was keeping an eye on the compass whilst Steve was using his flashlight to keep an eye on the water that was behind them and near the back of the boat, making sure that nothing jumped out of the water from behind them and tried to attack them.

Nancy was peering down at the compass which suddenly began spinning rapidly, "woah! whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa slow down. Slow down guys!" Nancy quickly says, reaching forwards and tapping Eddie and Robin, telling them to stop.

Eddie and Robin stop paddling, pulling their oars back in the boat in confusion, all of them looking around at the water for anything suspicious before looking over at Nancy who was holding the compass in the middle of the boat. Adira shone her flashlight on it so that all of them could see it better. It was moving so fast that the glass began to rattle loudly, sending chills down their spines.

"Woah woah woah," Steve muttered out, looking at it in worry and confusion. The three younger teens on the bank of the lake noticed that the boat had stopped moving and they were suddenly filled with interest and worry

"Hey hey, what is going on guys! Why did you stop! What is happening?" Dustin yells through the walkie, they only heard static, "come on, tell us whats happening!" Dustin exclaimed, worried that the electromagnetic field was messing with the radios and they were losing communication

Robin grabbed onto one of the walkie's and brought it up to her mouth slowly, "uh Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'aah!'" Robin mutters out, not knowing what the hell was wrong with the compass, but they could all tell that it meant they were getting closer to whatever the hell it was they were looking for

Steve and Adira seemed to both have the same idea as they began to pull off their shoes and socks. They finally had another lead so this was there chance to check it out, they were going to go down there and see what the hell they were floating over the top of.

They hoped that it was a gate to the upside-down, it would mean that they had a way to go into the upside down and kill Vecna - though there was also a part of all of them that hoped that there wasn't a gate, giving them an excuse to stay away for a while longer as they figured out a different way to get to Vecna. They were all scared, but they were trying so hard to hide it.

They were too young for this and they were under prepared, they needed Eleven, she was there best shot at beating this guy but she wasn't even in Hawkins anymore, as far as they were concerned, Eleven was hanging out with Mike and Will, completely oblivious to the fact that all the people in Hawkins were now in danger and Max was cursed.

"Steve what are you doing?" Nancy asked, her eyes quickly pulling away from the compass and looking up at the boy who was now standing beside her, beginning to pull various parts of his clothing off his body.

"Adira what are you doing?" Robin and Eddie both asked, the other three looking between the two Harrington siblings in confusion and worry. The two of them seemed to have a tendency for trying to be the hero's and it was more than likely going to get them both killed one day.