6. Oh My God

I grab my phone and look at the time '12:27' shayla would still be awake. I call shayla.

"Heyy bae" says shayla with her usual smile

"Heyyy" i say

"So whats up? I mean you did call me at like 12:30 for a reason....right?"

"Yeah um, a lot happened and i dont know how i feel about it"

"What do you mean 'a lot happened'"

"Okay so uh first of all conrad got into a fight with a guy that was harassing me but i had to jump in to save conrads ass."

"Damn"

"But thats not the crazy part lately me and him have been holding eye contact longer which would be normal except the eye contact is like awkward but in a good way you know,"

Shayla nods signaling me to continue

"Um so when i was cleaning him up after the fight i told him that he was my #1 boy i didnt necessarily think it through and like he asked me why he was and i gave him a solid explanation, but then he says that im his #1 girl i felt like i was gonna explode, you know?"

"OoOoOo" says shayla teasing me

"Andwesortaalmostkissed" i said quickly but of course shayla understood what i meant

"Wait... What!? You guys kissed!?" Shayla says excited

"Almost, but belly knocked on the door which resulted in us pulling back from eachother, i dont want to kiss him, but at the same time i do? Its all so confusing"

"Sounds like you like him but just dont wanna ruin the friendship"

"But thats the thing i dont know if i like him or not"

"Okay well describe him to me"

"Uh well hes very caring he will go out of his way and do just about anything to make you feel okay. Hes always there for you and i mean always," while you were explaining his personality traits you start to day dream "and his eyes, his eyes are like the 'ocean' ironically, like i dont know anytime he just looks at me even for a split second i feel like my heart explodes, and his stupid smirky lips that you can literally never see without a smirk plastered to it, and whenever he hugs me or just places his arm over me i feel like everythings gonna be okay, and whenever we have our own little moments it seems like everything around us stops,"

"Oh my god, your in love with him" shayla says with a slight smile and her voice getting a smige higher

"I cant, im not hes my bestfriend"

"Enough about this i cant hes my bestfriend, admit it you like him, wait nevermind you dont like him you love him!" She says with a cheeky grin plastered on her face.

"Fine, okay i guess your right. Also your going to the deb thing right?"

"Yeah why?"

"Oh thank god, so am i"

"Wait really? I never took you as the type to willingly dance"

"Your right, buut i couldnt break Susannah's heart, i mean she would have me and conrad practice the dances so we would go together when we're older, and since i couldnt go last year, and i declined the invitation the year before that im deciding to go now"

"Oh this is gonna be so much fun!"

"I hope otherwise im gonna be spending my entire summer in agony"

"Okay sure" she says whilst rolling her eyes

"Welp i got to go, i'll call you tomorrow shay"

"Alright bye y/n/n"

I set my phone on my nightstand and lay down looking up and the ceiling. Am i inlove with conrad? No thats not possible, but then again shayla is always right about these type of things. Now that i think of it it makes sense why she would say im 'inlove' with him i mean who would talk about someone they see only as a friend like that. Well only time will tell. I cant believe that i Y/n y/m/n y/l/n-Conkiln am inlove with my bestfriend.

687 words

A/n- This is probably one of my fav chapters so far, also ik its very short but i had to put this part in.