Chapter 15: A Ride Of Emotions

"s-sorry I just uh..zoned out." I responded to my scene awkwardly. I backed away and rubbed the back of my neck still waiting for her to do something similar. "Oh." She added in a confused tone, "y-yeah, that's fine. I kinda dazed off too, so.." she pressed her lips together as the dim room grew silent.

I stared at her, not really knowing what to do. God I should've kissed her..what is wrong with me? That was such a good time. I heard my phone receive a notification so I grabbed it and powered it on.

It's Michael.

Michael: how's it going over there?

Thomas: fine
All good

I glanced at the text on the bright phone screen, then back over to Rae who was sitting in her chair, also on her phone.

"Hey, I gotta go, my mom just texted me to go home." I lied while sliding my phone into the pocket of my jeans, feeling a need of escape. Guilt twisted my stomach as the words exited my mouth.

"Oh, that's fine. You'll be here tomorrow right?" She questioned while lifting her chin up to give me her attention. "Yeah, I should be. If not then I'll text you, ok?" I responded with a warm smile resting on my face.

"Ok, be safe." She smiled as her hand waved freely in the air, giving me her goodbyes.

-

This week sure was interesting for the both of them. They almost kissed two days in a row which was crazy for the two to comprehend.

Unfortunately for them, the next few days resumed back to as it was before the touchy encounters they both experienced.

Sometimes they would catch one another staring, or being oddly close, but why would they mind? It made their hearts beat faster than ever and would make their stomachs do backflips.

-

Once Thomas decided to stop showing up where Rae was usually dropped off at school, he hasn't spoken to Isaiah. But boy hasn't he been jealous of Rae's tedious connection with him. Why couldn't it just be him? Why couldn't he be the one with his arm around Rae's neck as they walked. It all just bothered him and made him feel like he was gonna be driven mad by the small actions.

-

Today is now December 22nd. The last day of school before entering break was yesterday, he and Rae haven't spoken since, as they both had different plans how to spend their vacations.

Rae was going to hang out with her group of friends, consisting the 3 trouble-makers and Thomas was gonna hang out with his friends on Valorant.

They both thought this was a great plan to keep them both entertained for the two weeks they had vacation for, but they were wrong. Especially after what just happened between them, how did they think they could go so long without each other?

-

Rae pov

"So we're all going out tonight, right?" I lied in my bed holding my phone up to my ear asking Isaiah a question about our plans tonight.

"Yeah, since Asher has his license he'll be the one picking all of us up. Just text your address into the group chat I made and we'll be there around 8." He said calmly and speaking in a raspy voice, probably from just waking up out of a nap.