Book 2 chapter 1 / Bonus chapter

Alessia's POV. (Almost a year later)

An extremely loud sound wakes me up from sleeping.

I push my hands against my ears as my eyes open.

Immediately I close them again when they start burning and tearing up from some kind of smoke.

I breathe in before I start coughing my lungs up.

What is this?

I start coughing more as I try to breathe in more air.

Getting out of bed, I slowly peel my eyes open again.

Fire.

My room's on fire.

No-

Tears start falling out of my eyes as my body burns and aches for air.

It's so hot in here.

I can't get out, my door is on fire as well.

I start coughing more and more and before I know it my legs start to give out.

"FL-" I try to scream for help but the words die in my throat as more smoke fills up the room and my lungs.

I try to look around to find some way to get out of this room.

A window.

I crawl to it with the last bit of my strength as black dots start to fill my eyes.

"ALESSIA!?" Flower suddenly screams from outside my bedroom.

"Don't-" coughing interrupts my protesting for a minute, "come in! You'll burn to death!" I yell as I finally reach the window.

I quickly open it hoping that I'll finally be able to breathe but that doesn't happen.

A loud explosion is the last thing I hear as the floor flies away from under me before everything goes black.

————

Dominic's POV.

I press another kiss to Vincenzo's lips when he suddenly pulls me down onto him.

I gasp but let him wrap his arms around me.

"Mmh I've got to go" I mumble against his lips.

Enzo groans underneath me, "I promised Alessia I'd be home so I can make her pancakes in the morning" I tell him.

Eventually he nods his head, "fine but I'm driving you there- when're you going to ask your siblings if she's okay with us possibly moving in together?" He asks

"I will ask her soon, I promise" I tell him before pressing another quick kiss to his lips and I stand up.

"How are her nightmares?" He asks me.

"Getting better but it's not amazing, she's getting more anxiety from school which is starting to give her more nightmares" I tell him while putting my pants and shirt on as he does the same.

He frowns a little by my answer, "Nick, I know it's not my place to say this, but maybe she should go to a psychologist or take some medication for her anxiety and stuff?" He suggests.