wedge

Interstellar light-years, a singularity in a different dimension.

All you can see is an endless sea of bright stars, with a pure white spaceship floating in the middle. Upon entering the spacecraft's interior, the rooms and aisles intertwine, creating a spacious environment.

In a room with semi-curved glass walls, a teenager lies in the network cabin with his eyes closed, appearing as if asleep.

He is truly a beautiful, impeccable young man. His short, soft, and lustrous chestnut hair is trimmed to the right length, with streaks of gold, resembling finely gleaming gold sprinkles. The scattered starlight playfully falls on his face, revealing his white and almost transparent skin, creating an incredibly dreamy appearance. His long and slender eyelashes cover his eyes like fragile butterfly wings, leaving people to wonder how beautiful his eyes must be when he opens them.

After a while, the boy slowly opens his eyes.

Even with some mental preparation, he is still amazed by those eyes. They are pure black peach blossom eyes, as clear as obsidian in the water. Even when the corners of his eyes are not smiling, they always carry a three-point smile. He seems to be in a good mood, as the corners of his mouth twitch slightly, and those crescent-shaped eyes almost bewitch people's souls.

"Ling, the task was well done," Joshur stands beside him and opens the network cabin for him.

Gu Yiling raises his eyebrows, with a hint of arrogance and invincibility of a young man, and says, "Which task have I not successfully completed?" After that, he takes the jar of nutrient solution handed over by Joshur and devours it eagerly. Then he proceeds to the bathroom to take a shower. He is truly tired and hungry. In order to complete this task, he had slept in the network cabin for over ten days.

Gu Yiling is a bug fixer. In this interstellar light-year, virtual reality technology is highly developed, blurring the line between virtual and reality.

His task is to accept the requests of people from all over the world, travel to various virtual worlds, and fulfill their unresolved wishes within the virtual realm.

This is a dangerous profession, not only because the Empire issued a decree hundreds of years ago to crack down on such behavior in order to weaken the influence of the virtual world on the real world, but also because the virtual world is highly similar to reality, making it easy to become too emotionally invested during the task and ultimately become trapped in it.

That world holds your family, friends, and lovers. For others, they are merely a string of data, but for you, they are the flesh and blood who will accompany you throughout your life!

Gu Yiling has witnessed many people spending significant amounts of time and money in order to fulfill their desires within the virtual world. Some are even willing to remain in that world indefinitely at the cost of brain death.

However, due to his cold nature and countless experiences traveling through various worlds, he has never experienced such feelings. Even if he occasionally feels a slight reluctance, he always leaves decisively.

Despite his appearance as a noble and pampered young master, he is, in fact, an orphan. He was bullied in the orphanage and entered society before the age of ten. After working as a network engineer for a period of time, he can no longer recall what happened next. He lost his memory thereafter, and he doesn't know why he ended up here or how he became a bug fixer.

But there is no doubt that he is the most skilled bug fixer by far. His unfortunate childhood experiences shaped his suspicious, contemplative, and guarded character.

He trusts no one, possesses a strong desire for control, and despises being

deceived and manipulated by others. Within the virtual world, he can manipulate the data as he pleases and control everything in the palm of his hand.

After taking a quick shower, Gu Yiling only puts on a bathrobe and walks out.

The glistening water droplets flow down his cheeks along the attractive collarbone and the partially exposed chest. Walking barefoot on the wool carpet-covered floor, this image of just having taken a bath is particularly alluring.

Joshul's eyes darken, and he naturally grabs a towel and starts to dry Gu Yiling's hair. Gu Yiling enjoys his service with peace of mind. This tall and handsome man with dark brown hair and amber eyes perfectly aligns with his aesthetic preferences, and he is the only person he trusts.

Every time Gu Yiling wakes up after completing a task, the first thing he sees is Joshur's smiling face, filling his heart with a strange sense of contentment.

He knows that Joshur deeply loves him, but he doesn't understand why he doesn't always reciprocate that love. He always feels that something is missing between them.

After drying his hair, Joshur gazes into Gu Yiling's eyes, takes him into his arms, and says, "Ling, there is a task you must complete. Once it's done, we can leave and never have to do it again."

Gu Yiling is surprised, "Not do it anymore?" Since losing his memory, Joshur brought him here to become a bug fixer. He has grown accustomed to this life and never considered leaving.

Joshur nods, his eyes filled with hopeful anticipation. "Don't you want to see the outside world?"

Gu Yiling reaches out and gently touches Joshur's face, smiling. "I'm just a little taken aback. As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we stay."

Joshur's body trembles slightly, he takes Gu Yiling's hand, holds him tightly, and plants warm kisses on his face, one by one. With a smile, Gu Yiling closes his eyes and savors the moment. This man is truly special. A casual gesture or comment always elicits a warm and sincere response from him.

"Will you come with me when we leave?"

Gu Yiling smiles. "Okay."