1.6

Shen Junling hid in the corner and had a panoramic view of the scene. His heart was filled with anger, distress, and self-blame. He never thought that Chu Yuexin was such a vicious person. He looked at the thin boy standing there alone, feeling heartache, and wanting to hug him. But what qualifications did he have? What was the difference between him and Chu Yuexin? It wasn't because of his identity as a young master that his sincerity was ignored. So it seemed that the young master was the most pitiful person.

"Have you seen enough? Come out when you've seen enough," Gu Yiling said coldly.

Shen Junling walked out of the corner and stood in front of Gu Yiling, not knowing what to say. After a long time, he finally managed to say, "You... don't be too sad... and me..."

Gu Yiling picked up his schoolbag and smashed it against Shen Junling's chest, causing the 19-year-old boy to step back several steps.

"What right do you have to say such a thing? What's the difference between you and her?" Gu Yiling walked out of the alley without even looking at him.

In the evening, when Gu Yiling returned home, his mother had already packed their belongings for their move. Although Shen Junling's recent behavior had disappointed Gu Yiling, it was still within his tolerance range. He considered Shen Junling a pet that was disobedient but still looked good in his eyes. If the pet didn't wag its tail at him in the end, he wouldn't hesitate to get rid of it.

That weekend, Gu Yiling moved out.

On moving day, he happened to encounter Shen Junling. More accurately, he moved in next door to Shen Junling. When Gu's mother recognized Shen Junling, she struck up a conversation with him, asking him to take good care of her son. Shen Junling readily agreed and spent the whole day helping them. Gu Yiling couldn't refuse due to Gu's mother's face, so he kept a sour expression, but Gu's mother showered Shen Junling with praise.

"Thank you." After Gu's mother left, Gu Yiling immediately closed the door without even looking at Shen Junling.

Shen Junling smiled helplessly, not taking it to heart. After all, he was the one who made the initial mistake, so it was only natural that he should be more accommodating.

His phone rang, and Shen Junling took it out to see that it was a call from Chu Yuexin. He frowned in displeasure. Ever since he saw Chu Yuexin's true nature that day, he had started to grow tired of her.

He hung up the phone, thinking to himself, childhood was in the past, and now was the present. Back then, she was innocent and kind, bringing warmth into his life. But now she had changed, and he couldn't cling to the nostalgia for her warmth when she had turned so vicious.

In his room, Gu Yiling smirked when he heard the sound of the rating going down by 40 points.

[Shen Junling's favorability rating for Chu Yuexin dropped to 30. ]

Chu Yuexin and Gu Yiling had completely fallen out, and her days at school became increasingly difficult.

She was beautiful, and she would always pretend to be innocent and flirt with some powerful boys in school. Although she had a good reputation among the boys, almost all the girls hated her, calling her a "green tea bitch" and a "fake white lotus."

In the past, Gu Yiling had protected her, and the girls didn't dare to do anything to her. Now

that everyone in the school knew that Gu Dashao had broken up with her, the girls no longer held back.

They would spread rumors, throw her schoolbag, lock her in the bathroom, and beat her up in the alley outside the school. All the things that would happen in a cheesy idol drama were happening to her.

And the boys who were once close to her were unwilling to help. After all, the girls who dared to bully her came from powerful and influential families. Who would want to make trouble for a girl who was powerless and lacked support?

Chu Yuexin deeply understood how much Gu Yiling had helped her by putting a stop to the bullying, but she didn't show any gratitude. Instead, her resentment towards him grew day by day.

Why didn't he help her when he saw her being bullied? And Shen Junling, why had he become so indifferent towards her? He knew exactly what she was going through, so why didn't he help? Did Gu Yiling say something to him? One day, neither of them would be able to hold on.

Chu Yuexin looked at the girls surrounding her, concealed the resentment in her eyes, and closed her eyes obediently.

"What are you doing?" came a male voice.

Chu Yuexin opened her eyes and looked. Who would come to her aid?

The girls saw who it was and scattered like frightened birds and beasts. Xu Sixuan approached Chu Yuexin, who was squatting on the ground with her head up, staring at him blankly. He pulled her up. How could Gu Yiling allow such a cute girl to be bullied?

[The hero and heroine have met. ]

After taking a shower, Gu Yiling, wearing only pants, came out of the bathroom when he heard the beep of 233.

He poured himself a glass of red wine, opened his notebook, and began tapping the keyboard to check the stock market. After reading for a while, he accessed the internal website of the Xu Group in Country A and carefully examined the Xu family's information. He was planning his move against the Xu family.

Feeling a little sleepy, Gu Yiling lazily lay down on the bed, preparing to sleep.

Another destined individual, Xu Sixuan, was the grandson of the current head of the Xu family, a first-class family in Country A. The development levels of Country A and Country J were very different, and the Xu family and the Gu family were even more distinct.

However, Xu Sixuan's identity was rather embarrassing. His father was the most mediocre son of the family head, and his mother's status wasn't high either. Although Xu Sixuan appeared powerful in Chu Yuexin's eyes, in reality, he was the lowest-ranked member of the Xu family.

But he was called the Son of Destiny. When he reached adulthood, he would take over the Xu family's business in Country J, and with Chu Yuexin's help, he planned to frame the Gu family, swallow up the massive Gu family group, and catch the attention of the Xu family head. Then, he would return to Country A and become one of the heirs. In the end, he would defeat everyone in a fierce battle and become the next head of the Xu family.

For now, Gu Yiling was only interested in Chu Yuexin, but once he discovered Chu Yuexin's identity as the Gu family's illegitimate daughter, he would secretly attack the Gu family through the two ungrateful people, Chu Yuexin and Lu Kunpeng.

Humph, not good people! From this perspective, Shen Junling was still the best.

"Tap~"

Gu Yiling sprung off the bed. What was that sound outside?

He walked to the door, opened

it, and saw Shen Junling unconscious at his doorstep.

Shen Junling was covered in blood, his denim jacket darkened by the stains, dried blood in his hair forming clumps, and blood still dripping from the wounds on his forehead and abdomen, forming a puddle on the ground. His body was covered in various wounds of different shapes and sizes.

Shen Junling, lying there, frowned, his lips pale, and he seemed to have lost consciousness.