Multitasking- II

Anirudh's POV

With heavy footsteps and heavier heart I began climbing the stairs moving towards Mishti's room. Pushing the wooden door slowly to see if Bondita was still awake, I saw my peaceful sight cherishing the moment.
She was sleeping under the comforter oblivious of what is to come next in the upcoming days.
I went slowly towards her bed and sat beside her caressing her forehead lovingly, thinking to myself when suddenly,

Bondita (opening her eyes in a soft voice) - Bor (pati) babu....you here, finally.....
With a happy chuckle and sparkling eyes she got up at once removing her comforter and embraced me resting her head on my chest.

"I am sorry Mishti, aami tomaye jagiye dilam (I got you awake)" drawing a heavy sigh I enclosed her in my arms, caressing her hair softly.

Bondita- No Pati babu, I always wait for you to meet me before we go to sleep in our own rooms. Today, Kakashoshur moshai sent me to my room before I could talk to you. I waited for quite sometime but don't know when I dozed off.

"Sorry Mishti, we could not have our class today."

Bondita - No need to be sorry Bor babu.....we'll have our class tomorrow. You were not at fault ofcourse If your car got punctured in the middle of the road. I thanked Dugga Ma so much, she sent the taxi to you at the right moment. Or else, god knows how......what would have happened? How would you manage the entire night.

"My Mishti has grown up mature so quickly." I pecked on her head slowly as tears began blurring my vision.

Bondita (getting up, crossing her arms, raising her left eyebrow upwards) - That Bondita always was.

" you need to be more mature to understand things what would come up in the coming days" I spoke trying to stay calm but unsuccessfully, as one lone tear escaped from one corner of my eye.

Bondita (frowned confused)- What things Pati Babu?

"Things as in, you need to be calm and composed enough to understand the dynamics of our relationship Mishti...the nature of our relationship. You need to understand the broader perspective of your life and what is expected out of you" I spoke slowly turning away my face avoiding to look into her eyes.

Bondita (tapping her index finger on her left cheek) - Maney? Kichu bujlam na ki bollen (means? Can't understand what you said) You are my Pati Babu and I am your wife, the Bouma of this house and boudi of Som Dada and Batuk.

"Kichu na Mishti, right now you will not understand. Ekhun ghumiye poro. Kal amio tomar sathe biddaloye tey jabo (Nothing, you will not understand now. You sleep now. Tomorrow I'll also come with you to your school) I answered smiling forcefully, recollecting myself caressing her head. "Achha 1 min, I got something for you." I spoke and left hurriedly to my study and searched my bag, taking out an item wrapped in brown paper which I purchased on my way back to Tulsipur for her.

"Ei now Mishti (take this Mishti)" I took the packet out and handed over to her.

Bondita (jumping out of her bed, exclaiming happily) "Gift!!!" What is in it Pati Babu?

"It's...it's disposable sanitary napkins I got from a British store. You do not need to re-use the homemade sanitary napkins. You can use these napkins when you go outside or to school. Understand?"

She nodedd her head aggressively in agreement like a pro, taking out the items outside from the packet.

"All right and see there's a glass bottle inside." I spoke somewhat hesitating.