Sailing through the valleys

Bondita's POV

I opened my slippers slowly and held it sideways to tiptoe inside silently and I succeded untill.....

"Boumaaaa......" Kakashoshur moshai thundered from my back.

"Sssspppp.....kaka...." I murmured, biting my tongue as soon my cat will be out of my bag and turned towards him holding my breath, scared to death.

Trilochan RC (crossing his arms) - Where were you Bouma?

" Kaka.....I...." I stammered as words got constricted inside my throat.

Trilochan RC - like husband so is. wife. My every word falls on their deaf ears. Bouma....I already told you a hundred times to stay inside your room downstairs untill you retain your purity. Don't you understand this simple instruction Bouma? Or have you pledged to disrespect my every command like your Bor babu?

"No...no...kaka shoshurmoshai" I shot back quickly to cover up "I was actually......I had to go.....it was urgent....because...uuumm...

"Because I sent her to Sampurna's home" the familiar throaty voice of Bor babu dawned on my defence at a correct time as always drifting away the cloud of deep trouble that I was almost stuck into.

Trilochan RC (adjusting his spectacles out of surprise) - You sent her? Why? Don't you have a little patience of 2-3 more days for Bouma's mohawari to get over?

Anirudh - No I could not. Bondita's cramps increased and as I could not attend to her for she needed a woman's support so I sent her with Bihari that time. But, Bihari returned soon as he had some other compulsory housework.

Trilochan RC - Oh...ok. But what was koeli doing then? Why to send Bouma to Sampurna's home? Don't you know she has two mother-in-laws and how the elder one is? Bouma did your Surmayi kaaki say anything to you? Didn't she lift up the sky over her head?

"Na...na kaka shoshur moshai" I answered jerking my head "She was not at home"

Trilochan RC (heaving a sigh of relief) - Dhonnobad Dugga ma, you saved our ghorer lokkhi (grihalakshmi). Or else that crooked lady would have surely not left the opportunity to mock our family's reputation infront of the entire village. But....the point is where was koeli then? Koeliiiiiii......eyi koeliiiiiii....eidikey aye. (Come here)

Anirudh - Kaka....kaka.....koeli was....

Koeli (cutting in) - Han boro kortta babu!! Amai dakchen? (You called me)

Trilochan RC (in a commanding tone) - Where were you when our Bouma was in intense pain and needed your help?

Koeli (frowning out of surprise) - Bouma needed me? When? Bouma!! Why didn't you call me? I was in the terrace itself.

Anirudh (cutting in) - Koeli....koeli...Bondita did not call you because you had to....yes....you only said you had to clean up our Thakur ghor for upcoming festivals so how could Bondita ask you to help her? Kaaka Bondita is in her periods now. So if koeli had attended her then how would she clean up and prepare the Thakur ghor? Aapni hi bolun (You only say)

Trilochan RC - Hhhmmm....I understand that. But, what is wrong with you Anirudh? How have you suddenly started believing on dhormo & kormo? While you should have been the first one to drag koeli to Bouma first!! In which direction did the sun rise up today? My son prioritizing religious purpose before women's rights!!

Anirudh (fixing up) - You know kaka this is what the problem is with you. You can never find anything good in me. Even if I try to follow what you want me to; then too you don't leave an opportunity to take jibe over me. Why don't you trust me kaka?