➳ 𝘮𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 || 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 3

TYSM FOR 100k READS!!! <333

— today's era —

It is the next day, and Will had just awoken from god knows how long he's been sleeping for. He stretches his limbs out as he yawns, eyes still closed shut. When he opens them, he gets a glimpse of the bright sun and blue skies through the blinds covering his window.

His eyes dart to the birds flying outdoors, squinting a bit as the sky was too bright. He watches them for a few minutes, some random thoughts about birds suddenly entering his mind.

He sighs as he finally turns to his right, reaching for his phone on the bedside table. He curses under his breath when he sees his own tired face through the reflection of his phone's screen, realizing that its battery is drained and that he forgot to charge it the night before.

Will almost rolls his eyes at the thought, before sitting up on his bed and grabbing his phone's charger from the table's drawer. He plugs it into the outlet, seeing the battery icon appear on the screen, indicating that it is now doing its job.

Will was never really a morning person, so after what felt like years of sitting down on his bed and staring at the absolute nothingness, he finally gets up and makes his way to the bathroom to do his usual morning routine; brushing his teeth, washing his face, and what else.

He stares at himself in the mirror for a while, the frown on his face visible as his eyes dart at his messy brown hair, and down to his pinkish cheeks. He decides to splash some more water to his face one more time and give it a light slap to wake himself up even more.

He doesn't have a clock in his room, so he has zero clues on what could possibly be the time by now. He wonders if it's too early or if it's too late to be up.

Did he not have a good sleep that's why he feels extremely tired, or did he get too much sleep but he feels like it's not enough? He doesn't know. All he knows is that it's a Saturday, and whether he's got no sleep or not, he can't go back to atleast taking a short nap as he has a lot of work to finish today.

So after one last slap on his face, Will dries his face off with a clean towel before withdrawing himself from the bathroom.

He promised himself that today is gonna be a productive day for him, so without thinking twice, he begins making his bed — from folding his white-washed blanket to fixing the white covers to arranging his pillows — he made sure that his bed looked as pleasant as possible.

After finishing making his bed, Will turns to his bedside table, bending down to check his phone, and his face almost lights up when he sees the lockscreen photo of him, Max and El eating ice cream.

But that smile on his face immediately fades into a frown when he sees an unfamiliar notification.

His heart picks up speed, and suddenly he's fully awake.

Will grabs his phone from the table, eyes fixed on the screen as he reads the Instagram notification, from 13 hours ago: mikewheeler has requested to follow you.

And that's when he noticed the time. 1:17 PM.

Then he remembers. He remembers exactly what happened last night. The nightclub. The gig. His ex-boyfriend being the band's vocalist. Mike smiling and winking at him with no shame. Mike approaching him. The small-but-long talk with Mike. Max passing out in the dance floor. El driving them all home.

He remembers clearly what time it was when they got back in the apartment; it was 12:45 AM. He's certain that he fell asleep a couple minutes after that, so does that mean...

That he has been sleeping for over twelve hours?

If Will was in the right mind, he would've probably turned his phone off and got up already to get his day started, but that's the exact opposite of what he did as he stays sat on the edge of his bed, thumb pressing onto the icon of the Instagram app on his phone.