57. {rink-o-mania}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

march 22nd
rink-o-mania - family video

el and mike were the first to exit argyle's bright yellow, 'surfer boy pizza' minivan. once they were out, they walked hand in hand into rink-o-mania. will and tilly came out after them, slightly behind.

"hey! will, joane!" jonathan called out to the two. "we'll be back at 6 o'clock. have fun, okay?"

"okay." will replied, flatly.

"we will, thanks!" tilly waved them goodbye before hesitantly taking will's hand. "so, what's up?"

"huh?"

"will, you can talk to me, whatever it is." tilly told him.

"yeah, i know." will sighed. "maybe later, let's just have fun."

"now that's the spirit!"

she hauled him inside and over to the counter where mike and el were.

"have fun." the employee said to the four as she handed el her rollerskates.

"thanks." el smiled at her before turning to her boyfriend. "bitchin, right?"

"yeah, bitchin." mike nodded.

"this is like, so much better than the palace." tilly gushed, gazing around the large play area like a lost sheep.

"do you come here a lot?"

"yeah."

"no."

"will does not." el clarified.

"no-"

tilly looked between the two siblings with an amused look on her face. she and steve fought like that all the time.

"but i go to parties here." the girl continued, "it's a big party place."

the four sat down on a large block, about to put their roller skates on. then, el noticed mike's choice of footwear.

"oh, i forgot. you need socks." she told him.

"oh, shit."

tilly laughed. "no one told you to wear those sandals."

"shut it-" mike began to curse her out.

"they-they sell them at the counter." will told the boy.

"oh, okay." mike stood up, ready to go and purchase some.

however, tilly got up as well. "i'll come with." she announced, not wanting to be left with the uneasy tension between will and el.

"why exactly are you coming?" mike questioned, "this was my chance to escape you."