the crisis.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

macees pov

i wake up to an empty house. usual for any other day, but today i frown as i peer around the front door.

today is our two year anniversary.

the first few years of conrad and i's marriage has been nothing short of dreamy. a child on the way - due in two weeks!! - and a house of our own now, we were loving every second of married life. and new-parent life.

and now the bump on my belly almost fully grown, i felt little suz kick with aggravation too.

"i know right," i mumbled, rubbing him, "the nerve."

i heard my phone ding, and rush towards it. maybe it was conrad.

it was.

hey babe, out doing chores, have a great start to your day!! love you lots!!

i frown. the usual routine for a saturday morning, connie would go grocery shopping, and id stay home with the kids. but this wasnt any usual day.

he had definitely forgotten, but i wasnt going to make him feel bad. i took this as an opportunity to surprise him big time when he got home. balloons, cake, streamers, kazoo's... i was going all out - and was going to make him look and feel like the biggest idiot. in the loving way a wife can do.

the truth was - every day with connie felt like our anniversary. the way he loved me was unreal, i was okay to let this slide. we were almost parents now, so our lives and days were busier than ever. connie went to work everyday, shopped on the weekends, and i always stayed home with the nursery, getting it ready, we both did our parts.

i still felt an evil smile creep across my face as i blew up the balloons, though, not being able to wait to see his face as he walked in and realized. we had a bunch of party stuff stuffed in a closet, so it took me about a half hour to set up.

a part of me was still a little sad, but after making the cake batter, and even feeling suz start to get excited off of my excitement, i was happy again. she was already a little bundle of joy, and we hadn't even met her yet. life with a baby was going to be so fun, and the thought of our little family always brought sunshine to the darkness.

she was already so much like her grandmother.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

conrad's pov

"dude, she totally is not going to see this coming." i smiled at jere, who smirked over at me as he shoved two bouquets of balloons in the backseat rather roughly.

truth was - i was only down the street, getting everything i needed for a romantic dinner at a park right by our town. 

next stop was the bakery, for a cake, and chocolate covered strawberries.

i wanted to set the whole thing up like i had forgotten. jeremiah was going to go pick up mace for a 'dinner' and drive her here... and then she'd understand why i had been radio silent all day. it was all perfect.

"i know, when you first told me this plan, i thought it was so evil," jere grunted and he quickly slammed the car door shut, grunting with the balloons, "but i think its going to be so worth it." he placed his hands on his hips and nodded at me.

next stop was the bakery, then the florist, then setting up the park.

my phone buzzed in my pocket, and i took it out to see macee's contact picture - from our wedding day - she was calling me. i showed jere, and he laughed. i shook my head and denied it, we werent ready yet. and macee knew - i was a terrible liar.