2.4

Victor and he belonged to the same school. The matter between Gu Yiling and Ethan caused a stir in the school, although Victor didn't care about such matters, he knew a little bit.

Since he was a child, he had seen all kinds of human feelings and had a thorough understanding of human nature. He didn't think that Ethan was genuinely interested in everyone.

The harmless little white rabbit in his mouth felt that Gu Yiling was being played around by the 'little white rabbit'.

But seeing Gu Yiling today, he felt that something had changed.

In the mecha shop, the young man still had the same appearance as before, but he inexplicably appeared more dazzling. In particular, the Omega's unique sweetness emanated from him, and Victor couldn't help but feel fascinated by it. He had never experienced such a feeling with other Omegas before.

He stared at the boy and felt as if he was looking at a deity, and he nearly got caught staring. He panicked and fled the shop, only to find himself cornered in an alley. Those people bothered him for a long time, and every encounter with them resulted in him being robbed or beaten.

Why didn't he think about fighting back? But he knew that the people backing them were Carol, the alpha son of the powerful Eugene family who excelled in playing and humiliating him!

He was just an orphan, how could he fight against such a behemoth?

If Carol spoke up, he wouldn't be able to stay at school. He would be forced to return to the filthy and chaotic slums, becoming a miserable and insignificant alpha whom nobody cared about, even if he died. So, despite the disdain, ridicule, and violence he faced at school, he refused to leave. Once he left, his life would truly become meaningless and hopeless.

He could only curl up and hide in the darkness, building layer upon layer of protective shells to resist.

But he never expected that Gu Yiling would come to his rescue. Although he had seen displeasure in Gu Yiling's eyes when he was humiliated by Carol and Gu Yize at school, he also knew that Gu Yiling was not someone who liked to meddle in other people's business. And just now, he clearly saw disgust on Gu Yiling's smiling face, so why did he help him?

Gu Yiling blushed when confronted about the central matter, feeling like a kitten with its fur standing on end. "Why do you care? Just tell me if you agree or not."

Victor laughed, turned, and walked into the house. "Come in, as long as you, a pampered young master, can live in a slum house."

Gu Yiling smiled mischievously and followed.

Victor's house was a typical rental house in an urban village. It was dimly lit and had a damp, rotten smell. The walls had crumbled, exposing the gray-white core beneath. It was hard to imagine that such an ancient house still existed in this highly technologically advanced age.

Victor glanced at Gu Yiling and noticed no expression of surprise or disgust on his face. Gu Yiling didn't seem bothered by it at all. He had lived in even simpler conditions as a child, sometimes even sleeping directly on the street.

Gu Yiling noticed that although there were very few things in the room, there were more than a dozen mecha books and three mini mecha models on the shelf. He picked one up and examined it. The pages were worn, and the models were old but clean, showing the love their owner had for them.

"You really like mechas, don't you?"

"Yes, I hope to become a soldier one day and pilot my own mecha," Victor said, surprised that he had shared

a dream he had never told anyone else. But then he laughed at himself; it was just a dream.

The price of a good mecha was beyond the reach of ordinary families, not to mention the costs of maintenance. The army only equipped soldiers with excellent physical and mental strength with mechas. Ordinary soldiers wouldn't have that privilege unless their families had the financial means to provide their own mechas.

Gu Yiling saw the disappointment in Victor's eyes and suddenly had an idea.

"If you're bored, you can read a book for a while," Victor said, putting on an apron. "I'll start making dinner."

Gu Yiling looked at his comical appearance in a pink apron and fell into a daze, murmuring, "Shen Junling..."

Victor's ear twitched. Shen Junling, who was that?

Gu Yiling's reaction indicated that he recognized Shen Junling, and that man named Shen Junling must be very important to him. So, did he help him because he resembled Shen Junling?

For some reason, this realization made Victor inexplicably uncomfortable.

"Who is Shen Junling?" he asked.

Gu Yiling hesitated, looking at the handsome face in front of him that bore no resemblance to Shen Junling. He lowered his head and smiled bitterly. How could he be Shen Junling? Shen Junling was just a string of data. After that world died, he disappeared forever.

"He... was a friend of mine... but he's gone," Gu Yiling lied.

Victor knew he was lying. Shen Junling might be gone, but their relationship was never as simple as just being friends. Otherwise, Gu Yiling wouldn't have shown such a pained expression. But he also understood that Gu Yiling was reluctant to share more, and he wasn't in a position to pry.

He went into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

And so, Gu Yiling stayed at Victor's house.