Chapter 32: Questions

It's now the day after the race. Sofia went to school and Luca was out playing basketball with Dominic.  Matei, Stefan, Lucian, Adrian, and Marco were in the gym. Allegra, Emilia, and Bella were baking. Lexi was watching tv.

In the gym: 

Stefan: "I'm just going to say what's on the back of everyone's mind, are we going to ask Emilia about her foster dad she called him during the shooting. You guys heard her talking about him in the pool too."

Matei: "She has foster brothers too remember"

Stefan: "and she doesn't call you dad, but calls mom "mom", don't we deserve some answers"

Marco: "I understand that you boys are curious, but you have to understand she lived 17 years without us, if you push too hard, she may never open up to us"

Adrian: "Don't you remember what it was like when she first came, she always used sign language, and never hung out with any of us. But now she talks to us, and invites us, sometimes lets us hug her. Our relationship with her has grown so much why don't you focus on that"

Stefan: "But still"

Lucian: "Do you think knowing everything about her will solve anything, it won't"

Stefan: "Why not"

Matei: "because you pressed her for answers instead of allowing her to feel comfortable enough to tell us herself. You don't think I'm dying to know too. I'm her fucking twin and we barely have a bond. It's annoying as hell and unfair, but if we're not patient she'll never feel safe enough to tell us anything"

Matei leaves the gym and goes up to the kitchen. The cinnamon muffins have finished baking. The sweet fragrance fills the area making one drool at the thought of taking a bit of the delicious delicacy. 

Matei: "What smells so good"

Emilia says " brown sugar cinnamon muffins" with an excited smile.

In this moment Emilia is genuinely happy, so much so she doesn't care about the flour all over her.  Matei chuckles at the sight.

Matei: "Better taste good considering the mess"

Bella: "It will"

Allegra plates the muffins and they gather round to eat.

Matei: "Not bad"

Emilia softly punches him in the arm "Shut up"

Matei: "Mom Emilia hit me"

Allegra smiles as she watches them bicker, she missed out on 17 years with her daughter now here she is laughing and fighting with her twin. Matei ends up covered in flower after Emilia threw a handful at him. 

Allegra: "Okay kid's that's enough, finish eating your muffins then go up and take a shower"

They finish eating then go to clean themselves up. Meanwhile Lexi got bored of watching tv, she went to her room and changes into leggings, a sports bra, and a grey zip up hoodie. She grabs her headphones and goes to the gym to workout. 

Stefan: "Hey Lexi"

Lexi: " Hey"

Lexi goes to the squat rack switches out the weights and sets up the barbell. 

Lexi: "Can one of you spot me"

Lucian: "Yea sure"

Lucian: "What are you doing"

Lexi: "Barbell squats"

Lucians: "How many sets"

Lexi: "4 sets 10 reps"