2.7

Three months later, the mecha competition arrived.

The annual mecha competition took place at Gu Yiling's school this time. It was one of the most important ways for colleges and universities to select students, alongside graduation examinations and independent enrollment. Many influential figures were in attendance, and nearly all military academies required students to achieve certain results in the mecha competition.

It was a stage for alphas to showcase their achievements, but there were few beta and omega participants.

Last year, as a freshman in high school, the previous owner of Gu Yiling's body had only made it to the semi-finals, but that was enough to make him famous in the school. It was the first time an omega had advanced beyond the group stage in over a decade. As for Victor, he had skipped the competition for two consecutive years.

This year, with the mecha he had made, Gu Yiling advanced through five levels, defeating six generals along the way, and reached the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, he even defeated Gu Yize, dampening his spirit. But in the end, Gu Yiling chose to withdraw from the competition, giving Victor the chance to face Carroll.

As he walked off the stage, Gu Yiling overheard two officials from the Glory Military Academy admissions office say:

"I remember this Gu Yiling. He's even more impressive this year compared to last year. It's a shame he's an omega!"

"I'm more interested in this student named Victor. I've never seen him before."

Indeed, Victor had never shined so brightly before. Initially, there were people who made sarcastic remarks about him, but as he defeated one opponent after another and continued advancing, everyone fell silent. The attitudes of his classmates were slowly changing. In this utilitarian world, only the strong were admired.

There were only two choices: either be like Victor and Gu Yiling, relying on their own efforts to change their destinies, facing numerous difficulties without regrets, or be like Ethan, appearing soft and kind on the surface but actually living as a lackey dependent on the breath of a stronger person.

Finally, the day of the final between Carroll and Victor arrived.

The competition venue was surrounded by students. Those who initially believed that Carroll would undoubtedly win were now uncertain, but most still thought Carroll had the advantage.

Ethan walked past Gu Yiling with a smile and deliberately bumped his shoulder, speaking with a malicious tone that contradicted his expression: "Just wait for that disgusting orphan to get expelled!" He blinked innocently and trotted to Gu Yize's side.

"Bastard," Gu Yiling sneered.

The previous owner had become the chief of the omegas due to his outstanding performance in the mecha competition. However, this time, Ethan didn't participate, and some omegas were already dissatisfied with his leadership, so he vented all his anger on Gu Yiling.

On the stage, two mechas—one dark blue and one silver and white—towered over the sky. Just their presence exuded immense pressure.

As the game began, the two mechas rushed into the sky and quickly disappeared into the clouds. The spectators could only watch the battle between the two on the screen.

To most, the fight appeared evenly matched. However, anyone discerning enough could see that the silver-white mecha's movements were noticeably more agile and powerful. In a battle where mechas lacked large-scale destructive weapons, this advantage was enough to determine victory or defeat.

Gu Yiling looked at the screen and raised the corner of his mouth.

Victory.

The silver-white mecha firmly grabbed the dark blue mecha by the neck and swiftly descended. Before anyone could react, a massive muffled sound echoed, and layers of dust were expelled in all directions, forming