2.8

The police quickly arrested Ethan and found the body of the old housekeeper during the subsequent investigation. The bloodstains on the old housekeeper's body led the police to identify the person who killed him. This person also confessed that Ethan had instructed him, confirming Ethan's crime of killing the three people.

Victor posted the evidence on StarNet, attracting widespread attention. People on the internet criticized Ethan, and friends of Ethan's parents, who were still alive, rushed to the police station demanding severe punishment for Ethan.

But being the child of destiny, Ethan couldn't be ignored by Carol and Gu Yize. He recorded a video and posted it online, crying about his parents' domestic violence against him. He claimed it was a last resort and declared that he would accept any legal verdict unconditionally. Many alphas left comments in the comment section to comfort him.

After manipulating public opinion, Carroll took advantage of the protection offered to omegas by imperial law and influenced the judge to sentence Ethan to only five years in prison, with a two-year reprieve. This verdict was almost equivalent to innocence.

Victor was dissatisfied with the outcome but swore never to let anyone bully Gu Yiling in the future.

Shortly after, Ethan returned to school, but his classmates no longer treated him as they did before his arrest. Everyone looked at him differently, and he couldn't bear this psychological gap. Within a few days, he dropped out of school and returned home.

Witnessing Ethan losing power, the Gu family changed their attitude towards Gu Yiling, who had gained recognition through the mecha competition. They sent someone to pick him up.

"What do they think of me? They ignored me for months, and now Ethan wants me to go back just because something happened? Dream on!" Gu Yiling dismissed the Gu family and complained indignantly to Victor.

Meanwhile, Victor was cooking in the kitchen and smiled, saying, "Just be happy."

As Gu Yiling smelled the delightful aroma wafting from the food, his heart filled with satisfaction and happiness. He was genuinely happy.

Later that day, as soon as Gu Yiling entered the house, Victor pressed him against the door and kissed him passionately. Caught off guard, Gu Yiling's legs weakened, and he could hardly stand. Thankfully, Victor quickly supported him. The scent of Victor's alpha pheromones triggered an involuntary reaction in Gu Yiling's sensitive omega body.

The young boy's petite body leaned weakly in Victor's arms. A few crimson clouds appeared on his cheeks, his red lips were even more rosy, and his shiny cat-like eyes glistened with moisture. He looked at Victor motionlessly, resembling a bullied cat.

"Do you want to be with me?" Victor's calm tone carried a hint of apprehension. Even facing Gu Yiling, he still felt inferior and unworthy of him.

However, Victor couldn't let go of Gu Yiling. Since the moment he forcefully entered Gu Yiling's life, it felt like a warm beam of light. He had tried to suppress his extravagant hopes of belonging to Gu Yiling, but he found himself unable to look away. Slowly, his heart was occupied by him. No matter the method, he had to have Gu Yiling.

Gu Yiling blushed slightly and nodded lightly.

Gu Yiling couldn't help but laugh when recalling what happened next. As they were about to continue, Gu Yiling experienced a sudden onset of his heat cycle, similar to a girl's menstrual period. Victor's face darkened at the time, but he hugged Gu Yiling, who couldn't stop laughing, and kissed him again.

Now, as Victor brought dinner to the table, Gu Yiling eagerly devoured the delicious food. Victor's cooking was far superior to Shen

Junling's!

"I have something to tell you," Victor said.

"Hmm," Gu Yiling replied without raising his head.

"After the last mecha game, the head of the Deauville family approached me. He investigated the files of the hospital where I was born and discovered that I am his child. The people from the Glory Military Academy also want me to join their school. I might have to leave this place for glory," Victor shared. However, what he truly hoped for was for Gu Yiling to ask him not to leave, in which case he would stay for him.

In this generation of the Deauville family, there was no alpha heir. Victor's so-called father had noticed his potential during the mecha competition and saw him as a means to strengthen the family. If Victor remained the cowardly and incompetent alpha he once was, his so-called father wouldn't have accepted him even if he knew they were related by blood. Such a father only made Victor sick.

In this world, only Gu Yiling deserved his nostalgia.

However, Victor struggled internally. If he didn't go back and instead climbed up on his own, how long would it take for him to protect Gu Yiling?

"When are you leaving?" Gu Yiling had known about Victor's true identity for a while, so he didn't express much surprise.

"After graduation."

"So soon." Gu Yiling fell into deep thought, failing to notice Victor's increasingly darkening eyes.

After school, Gu Yiling first went to the student office. Ten minutes later, he walked out of the room with a spring in his step, and his cheerful smile amazed all the students around him.

Since Ethan's departure, many people had apologized to Gu Yiling due to their guilt. Carol and Gu Yize also wanted to reconcile with him. But Gu Yiling had no interest in Carol and Gu Yize. After all, he was about to leave this place soon. If they provoked him again while trying to appease Ethan, did they consider him a pet to come and go at their convenience?

Heading towards Victor's classroom, Gu Yiling learned that Victor had already left. Though slightly puzzled, he didn't dwell on it and hurriedly trotted away, eager to share the good news.

When he saw the small building where Victor's house was located, Gu Yiling smiled.

Suddenly, a shadow darted towards him, covering his mouth and nose with a towel from behind. Before he could react, he felt weakness spreading through his limbs, and his vision went dark. He lost consciousness.