THIRTY-EIGHT | Two People, Two Kisses

this is a very long chapter because I don't want to have a lot of chapters in this book so from now on there will be long chapters. I think you might like this chapter a lot.

(Romano & Artemis are 16)

LORENZO RUSSO:

I watch as Ares and Athena stumble into the house, with a bunch of bags filled with food, soaking wet from the rain, laughing and drunk.

"Ares that backflip you did was so cool!"

Ares giggles and then stops. "Wait. What backflip? I can do a backflip. Oh my God!"

"Oh. Sorry. You can't. It was that man on the street!"

Ares flicks her forehead, "I can totally do a backflip—"

Athena falls onto the ground, laughing, and then points up at the ceiling, "I think I see an angel."

Ares drops the shopping bags and sits down next to her, "I think I can too."

I can't tell if they are drunk or high.

I cross my arms, anger flowing through my veins. How have they still not noticed me? I literally opened the door for them. I look up at the ceiling and see nothing there. I shake my head in disappointment. They must be high.

Staring at Ares, I think of multiple ways I can kill him. I know over a hundred ways to kill someone. I just need to find the right one.

"Oh my God, a unicorn!" Ares shouts, snapping me out of my murderous thoughts.

"That's not a unicorn. That's um. I don't know what that is."

It's a fucking coat hanger.

That's it. I've had enough of this shit.

I walk over to them and grab Athena by her shoulders and lift her up. She yelps and then starts kicking me. "Get off of me, you intruder!"

Ares stands up and throws a punch at me. At the very last second I dodge it and let Athena go.

Ares glares at me, "I may be drunk but I can still fight."

I look deeply into his eyes. I sigh in relief. He's not high. Thank God.

"Ares I will kill you if try to fight me," I simply state, not looking at him when grab Athena's jaw to look into her eyes.

"Lorenzo?!"

I roll my eyes.

When I can tell she's not high, I let her go but then she slaps me. I stare at her in shock.

"I don't like how you have the same eyes as me," she explains, holding back a smile.

I look at her in disbelief.