Eight. Turn Up

Majesty, Kenzie, and I walked into the Adams Mansion and were immediately greeted to the sound of blaring music and a houseful of dancing kids.

"Fashionably late," Kenzie said in my ear.

"Perfect," I nodded.

"Let's go get drinks," Majesty said, leaning in so we could hear her over the music.

"You mean let's go get you guys' drinks. I'm the designated driver," I reminded her sourly.

"Don't pout, boo," Majesty tapped my chin. "It was fair and square."

She, unfortunately, was right. After losing a game of "nose goes" I was appointed the DD of the night, which really sucked because I was kind of looking forward to getting moderately drunk. Parties really weren't that fun if you were the only sober one and the caretaker for your friends

"Next time, I'm not even up for consideration as DD," I said firmly. "It's between you two. This is me doing my time."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Kenzie waved a hand. "Let's go get some booze."

We made our way to the kitchen which was a pretty difficult task considering all the bodies we had to squeeze past. Despite how big the living room was, there were so many people there that it was packed to the max. I was gripping Majesty's hand so I wouldn't lose her in the crowd, and she was gripping Kenzie's.

"Ahh!" Kenzie said, stepping into the kitchen. "Finally. That felt like we were attempting to get through," she paused, pushing her hair behind her ear. "I don't know, some place really crowded."

"Nice analogy," Majesty rolled her eyes and walked up to the counter where liquor was laid out.

She filled two red cups to the top and handed one over to Kenzie who immediately started chugging.

"Slow it down, Kenz," I said, pouring myself some soda that was also on the counter. "Or you'll be on your ass in record time."

I paused for a moment, staring at my soda than dumped it in the sink and went to the fridge to get a sealed bottle of water. There was a 99.89% chance that the opened soda was spiked, and I couldn't afford to get drunk. The calorie count in the drink was also a turn off.

"That's the point," Kenzie said, referring to my previous statement. She poured herself more beer and grabbed Majesty's hand who was taking in her drink at a somewhat slower pace. "Let's go dance."

I opened a bottle of water and took a sip. "Okay," I agreed.

"Fine, but can y'all try not to embarrass me this time?" Majesty sighed, looking between us.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" Kenzie asked, planting her hands on her hips. Her eyes narrowed.

"Sometimes you two's dancing is a little...," she didn't have to finish her statement for me to get what she was attempting to say.

"Shut up, Majesty," I shoved her to the door. "I'm a great dancer."

"It seems like the only type of dancing you can do is ballet. Your attempt to whip was....disturbing to say the least," she shuddered and shook her head. "No, never try it again or anything of the sort."

I pouted, slightly offended. "I don't think it was that bad," I said defensively.

"No, it was that bad," Majesty nodded.

"You're a bitch, you know that?" I asked, pushing the swingable kitchen door open. "A judgmental bitch."

"A Queen Bitch," she corrected me.