7.8

The Southwestern Federation, as the name suggests, is located in the southwestern region of the Imperial Stars.

The resources here are scarce, but the technology is very advanced, and it once became the technology center of Noah's empire. The most commendable thing is that the rulers here are very diligent and caring for the people, wise and generous. The Southwest Federation is called the last paradise of Noah's Empire by the people of other empires, which is in stark contrast with other regions of the empire.

Soldiers in groups of three or five are scattered in every corner to maintain the city's law and order in an orderly manner. The overcrowded shops on the roadside and the goods from far-flung areas can be seen everywhere, showing the prosperity of the economy. Most importantly, their people are hanging on Polite and peaceful smile, just like a city citizen who lived a dignified life in peacetime, as if the war and poverty outside did not affect this place at all.

After wandering around the world with the Star Thief Group for so many years, I saw many desolate and dilapidated cities and people with gray faces. Compared with this, the life of the Southwest Federation is simply paradise. The star thieves sitting on the maglev car couldn't help showing smiles of surprise and joy. If they could live a normal and stable life, who would be willing to endure the hardships of life.

At the gate of the palace of the Southwest Federation, the star thieves saw Colby, who had become the prince in charge of the southwest region.

He was standing on the steps, wearing a pure white dress, a long cloak with red cloth and yellow fur, holding a ruby-encrusted cane that was as tall as a person, and wearing a crown made of pure gold on his head. His long hair made him more noble, and he looked like a noble aristocrat. But he had a sullen face, looking at the former star thief brothers, his lips wriggled, and he hesitated.

The star thieves all looked at him with complicated expressions. Although they had already learned everything from the boss, listening to others and seeing with their own eyes were two different things. The brothers who used to laugh and play suddenly became the princes of the Southwest Federation. It will also take time to adapt to this transition.

The atmosphere was awkward for a short while, and the air was so quiet that even the sound of leaves falling on the ground could be heard particularly clearly.

In the end, a star thief pointed at Colby's clothes and laughed while covering his stomach, "Hahahaha, Colby, what are you wearing...so ugly..."

The hearty laughter made everyone's expressions relaxed. The star thieves began to make fun of you and me. No one mentioned why Colby was wearing this dress, as if he was deliberately turning the page. .

"Colby, you'd better change it, it's not worthy of your temperament at all."

"Like a monkey wearing human clothes, it's ugly."

Colby was grateful to the star thieves who helped him out. Hearing the merciless jokes of the star thieves, he couldn't help but smile, and finally said embarrassedly: "Everyone... I'm sorry, I was... I was really I don't want to bring everyone in, but..."

"What are you sorry for? Your business is our business."

"Yeah, it doesn't matter, anyway, we haven't been happy with Emperor Star for many years. Their army comes to trouble us several times every year, and it's already annoying..."

"We're just a little pissed that you didn't tell us in advance. Now that it's clear, it's fine."

The star thieves walked up the steps to surround Colby, clasping his shoulders and laughing heartily. The servants and maids were startled, and they were stopped by Colby's eyes just as they were about to step forward. He stood among the star thieves and chatted happily with them. The servants and maids looked at their prince in astonishment, almost not recognizing that it was Colby who was always cold and sullen in the palace.

Eric and Gu Yiling stood under the steps and watched this scene, knowing that the page had been turned over.

...

The star thieves lived in the palace of the Southwest Federation, and Eric also formally signed a treaty with Colby, the highest ruler of the Southwest Federation, as the head of the star thief group, forming an alliance. With the help of the Star Thieves and the Southwest Federation, people in various places have changed, and the war between the Emperor Star, the Southwest Federation, and the Star Thief Group is about to break out.

At the celebration banquet of the great victory in the first war, Colby was very drunk, but Gu Yiling could see that he was not happy.

He picked up the full glass of wine, bypassed a group of drunk star thieves and soldiers who fell to the ground, walked to Eric and Gu Yiling in a floating footstep, raised the glass to toast a glass of wine, and then drank it down. , and finally let the wine glass fall to the ground and shatter. He weakly covered his face, sad like a trapped beast.

"Korwyn, I do envy you sometimes."

"You can let go of your hatred, you can be a simple star thief with peace of mind, you are always so calm and rational, as if no one but the boss is important to you... But I, I do less than..."

Colby's red eyes suddenly widened, as if remembering something very painful, "My mother... my mother was originally a carefree little princess in the Southwest Federation, but she was taken care of by that damn emperor. , forced to marry back. How could a simple person like my mother survive in the palace of intrigue? And at that time, when the Southwest Federation was the weakest, my so-called father was tired of marrying my mother back. Now, don't care about her life or death, let her be forced to death by the queen!"

"I was only three years old when she died... My uncle wanted to take me back to the southwest, but the goddamn emperor said what his son looked like in the southwest... Oh, does he have the qualifications to be a father? Later , I don't know if it was retribution, he got sick, was seized by the queen, and he became a puppet emperor..."

Colby's tone became more and more calm, and his heart became more and more dead, "When I was eight years old, the Queen found a random reason to let me take me away from the palace and threw me on an icy asteroid. Later, I learned that she had taken that person to prison on the charge of 'losing the prince'. She had found a scapegoat. She had nothing to do with this matter. , if I hadn't met the boss, I'd probably have died in the snow..."

"The boss sent me back to the Southwest Federation, but I prefer the life of being a star thief. If it wasn't for the death of my uncle... I took his place and became the prince of the Southwest... I just remembered my responsibility, I want to replace him. My mother takes revenge, and I want to fulfill my uncle's wish...I don't want to let go of hatred, how can I let go of hatred? I can't watch them be high above, while my uncle and I have to bear the pain of losing our loved ones...I don't want to..."