224: Hyuga Clan (1)

Chapter 224: Hyuga Clan (1)

Sakura was standing in the Hokage's office with Naruto, and she meekly let Tsunade know about their request.

"So, as Neji had said, Sasori has a spy in Orochimaru's ranks. That spy and Sasori are supposed to meet in 7 days from today." Sakura reported. "I... and Naruto plan to go there – tomorrow morning – in Sasori's stead and get information about Orochimaru's hideout from the spy. Once we do that, we plan to go and rescue Sasuke."

Tsunade looked at her face for a long minute, but once she glanced at Naruto she just sighed. "Kakashi is injured, you know that? He isn't and wouldn't be in a position to take missions for a week or two."

"..."

"..."

"On top of that," Tsunade continued. "You lack a teammate. From the report of the Akatsuki battle, I am not sure if you two alone would be able to handle Orochimaru in the worst-case scenario where you'd have to fight him."

After a long minute of silence, Sakura was about to sigh, but Naruto finally said something.

"We will manage, somehow!" Naruto yelled from beside Sakura. "We can't just give up on this chance to take Sasuke back! Granny Hokage, please!"

Sakura flinched at his blunt 'Granny'. She watched as Tsunade glared at Naruto before sighing.

"Lady Tsunade," Sakura said. "I... I can ask Neji to heal Kakashi-sensei. His cat knows some advanced Medical Jutsus."

"Really?" Tsunade blinked in curiosity.

"Yes. That cat- Kurai, she healed Kankuro when I was having trouble. And all it took was a few seconds." Sakura said. "As for our teammate... we can ask Neji to join."

Naruto blinked at that. "Yeah! With Neji, even if ten Orochimarus appear, we will be fine! He defeated the Sh-"

"Naruto!" Sakura immediately threw a punch at Naruto's abdomen, making him fall to his knees with his lips sealed.

"Augh... sorry about that." Naruto said from the floor.

"Unfortunately, no." Tsunade shook her head at Sakura's question, ignoring Naruto entirely. "He is a Jounin and has a team of his own. I am doing you a favour by allowing you guys to go after a missing-nin like Sasuke at all. I can't compromise more by sending Neji."

"..."

"Fine," Tsunade sighed. "Someone... recommend a new teammate for your team already. As for Kakashi, you can ask Neji if he can help or not, and if he can't I will prepare a trustworthy Jounin captain for you. Just make sure you return safely, okay?"

Sakura sighed but nodded in the end (while forcing Naruto to nod). This was better than nothing.

Now, she just has to wait until Neji returns.

—★—

It took Neji and his girls around 3 hours to reach Konoha by flight. He could go faster but had to take a moderate speed because of his girls. Once there, he showed his identification and mission scroll to the gatekeepers and was soon allowed inside. There, he went to Hokage's office. Because although Tsunade met him before, it was an unofficial meeting, and they still had to report the completion of the mission the usual way.

Temari tagged along because she had a scroll of her own to get the approval of.

-Knock Knock!

"Come in."

Upon knocking twice, he heard Tsunade's commanding voice as he stepped inside with his Team.

"Ah, it's you Neji." Tsunade's stoic face loosened, though she did look confused at Temari's appearance.