Chapter 2 - Never Fear, Barbara's Here!

'Thought.'
"Speak."

~~~~~~~~~~

After you had left dragonspine you simply wandered around Dadaupa Gorge for a while. You needed yo learn to hunt food so you can eat meat, you've been getting tired of eating nothing but apples and sunsettias. So far, all of the animals you have tried to hunt either noticed you or were too fast for you to catch them. Sadge.

Of course this meant that you just needed to be better at stealth, so after finding a small river you sat hidden in the tall grass by the water. As much as you very much now had ptsd from swimming, the water was pretty shallow so.... hopefully you could just pounce on a fish passing by?

You watched the water as different fish came by, but all of them far to deep into the river for you to catch without getting frikin flashbacks from when you drowned. It was cold, suffocating and dark down there in the pool. Reliving that was the last thing you needed.

A few hours went by and not even a single fish came anywhere close to you. You were about to give up until you saw a rock in the river move. Moving closer and stepping into the shallow waters you inspected the rock, or what looked like a rock. The instant you realised what is was you bit it, killing it instantly. A bit nard on the teeth but, eh.

This "rock" that you found was actually a fish camouflaged as a rock! You walked back to the shore to drop the fish and work on eating eat, wish was much more difficult that eating a fish should be, with all of the nard rock scales it had. Eventually you were able to sink you teeth into a part of the fish that had softer scales and was easier to penetrate.

The fish actually tasted good. If you were a human you would have definitely spit it out, but since you were a cat now it tasted pretty decent. As you swallowed the fish's meat you felt it had some sort of strange energy in it. After eating all of it, you felt a growing surge of energy coming from the center of your back, the energy quickly growing further and covering your entire back. As quick as the feeling came it disappeared.

You looked behind you and at your back to make sure nothing too weird was going on, but you were just met with the sight of plain h/c fur.... Now that you did your first hunt you should definitely hone your chasing, biting, and stealth skills a lot more. Ah, here comes your training arc i guess.

~~~~~

You then found a bird you could possibly eat. Easy enough, maybe.

You stood low in the tall grass and slowly crept forward. When you were right behind it you lunged forward and- IT W
FLEW AWAY DANGIT. This has happened multiple times already, finding something but then you weren't stealthy enough, so it ran away.

When your nose picked up the scent of some meat, you though you could scavenge from some food that has already been hunted down, and so you followed it. It led you to the sight of one of those fox things in the game, but it was dead soooo... Time to feast!

You bent over to have a taste but then you heard the sound of growling. You looked in the direction of the growl and you instantly saw an angry badger running straight at you for trying to steal its food.

"Uh oh."

You frikin ran faster than Zhongli could ever begin to talk about his osmanthus wine and where tf those who share the memories are. Such a speed was only barely enough though, but you would still be alive-

A burning pain flared up by your leg, looking back you saw that the badger had gotten a grip on your left leg. What was once clean h/c fur was now stained crimson with blood, and as any normal person, you began to panic. As painful as it was, you kicked the badger in the face with your bitten leg out of reflex.