【 2 0 】

Silence

Silence. No words were spoken as we continued to make eye contact with one another. Although we had been staring at each there for only few minutes, to me on the other hand it felt like an eternity.

I knew I had to break eye contact with him but the way his cunning yet captivating eyes stared into my soul, made it impossible to look away.

It was as if a predator was looking at its prey, seizing it up and down, ready to gobble it, which in my case couldn't be any less true.

'Look away (Y/n), or he will eat you up. Look away!'

Those were the only words chanting over and over in my mind, yet my body refused to move as though frozen in place.

Before I could find the courage to even breathe, the bespectacled vampire broke the eye contact, supposedly finished as analysing or whatever he was upto.

"You should treat books more carefully, don't let it fall again." Reiji sternly spoke as he brushed off the dust from the book.

I quickly looked down and nodded, not wanting to stare at his face any longer, which turned out to be a pretty bad idea.

"Are you mute? You should reply in words when someone asks you a question and also look at the person while speaking." He mouthed in a firm tone as if reprimanding a child for indiscipline.

"Yes! I apologize for indecency." Apologizing I bowed a little to show a little more gratitude.

Bear with it, just a little more. Even though I want to punch his face so bad, I have to keep my anger in as I am against a vampire that too a sadistic piece of shit. So if I want to see another day I better act obedient. For now, that is.

"Hmm looks like you do have some manners left. Here is your book."

All the enthusiasm I had on finding the book disappeared in thin air after encountering this guy, but I still decided to take the book, so I can quickly leave. Grabbing the book, and thanking him, I thought I could leave but as always universe had other plans.

Reiji Sakamaki let go of the book and grabbed my wrist instead.

"You" He muttered in a displeased tone while gripping my hand tighter to the point where it started hurting.

'What is this vampire strength, I can't free my hand. A little more and he will break my wrist.'

Reiji opened his mouth to speak but before he could say anything, Sayuri intervened and saved the day and more importantly my wrist.

"Umm S-sakamaki-san I think you are h-hurting Irina-chan" Sayuri said while stepping in between us, trying her best to look brave but the stuttering and shaking of her hands were a dead giveaway.

Hearing her words, the dark haired vampire let go of my hand and stepped back to create more distance, possibly not wanting to be too close to some lowly humans.