||39||

☆Chioma

"Guy, you're a Lagos boy?" He laughed very loudly. "No choke oo," I told him.

"Babe this wan e dey shock you like this?"

"I didn't expect it."

"I see."

I had gone out of the hall to get fresh air. I was a long distance away from there but I saw Kristopher on the way. I decided not to go back. 

"So, what about you? Abuja babe."

"You know?"

"Shades_of_vivian." My mouth was wide in surprise.

"You know me?" He shook his head.

"I know influencers that know you. For example, your brother is shades_of_jordan.  I recognised him the moment I saw him here. And then this Edikan_isong_130 always posts your picture but never tags you. " I nodded. "But you became active recently."

"Yeah. So you follow me?" He just smiled.

"Where did you used to school?"

"Pearl International."

"Ahh. Champions. Nigeria's best."

"We are shaa. No be lie. You nkọ?"

"One school like that. You won't know it even exists."

"How long have you been here?"

"This is my fourth year." Wow. That long. I heard Kolomental by Victony start playing.  From his phone.  He excused himself.

"Mummy, E ku irole." I heard. I didn't listen to their conversation but after a short while, he was back. "So, where were we?"

---
"What is your business? I'm with him and so what?"

"Vivian come back with me to the hall."

"I'm not going anywhere with your ass." Look at this boy oo. Kris and I vibing to our jams when he appeared from nowhere to tell me to return with him. Na craze?

"You are my partner. You weren't supposed to run off like that."

I scoffed. "It's funny coming from you, hypocrite."

"Hypocrite?"

"You claim to be my partner but who have you been with since we arrived? Jeiel. Why didn't you go with her in the first place? You should have found someone else to go with and not me.  I was abandoned by my so-called partner.  And you have the mouth to say I should have stayed at that boring as hell English party. "

"I'm sorry Vivian. But I don't want you with him."

"How is it your concern? Huh?"

"I don't want you to stay with him and it's final."

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" I had raised my voice. "You have no right to tell me who I'd hang out with."

"Vivian...." He was angry. Tah! Was he the only one who could be angry?

"Kenneth get lost."

"Stay away from this low-life."

"Low-life?" The f?

"Yes. Him. He's-"

"La-la-la-la-la-la-la..." I covered my ears blocking his voice. "Kris let's go somewhere else."

°°°
"Adeniji come with me."

"Chioma I said I'm not hungry. Is it by force?"

"See how thin you are yet-"

"I like my figure. Leave me abeg."

"If you're my friend, you'll accompany me to lunch. "

"Blackmail."

"So you don't consider me your friend. Okay nau. I'll be going. "

I turn to leave expecting him to call me back but he didn't. I left on my own, not looking back. I reached the large door of the dining hall and stepped in only to notice a shadow behind.  "Hey."

So he followed me. I smiled.  "I'll treat you to lunch, friend." He did not say a word but followed me silently.

~
"Chioma, how far? Longest time."

"Which longest time? We spoke an hour ago."

"On the phone." Buchi pulled me to his chest. "I missed my sis." I just lay my head there, not saying anything. "Chai. She didn't miss me. Is it because of that boy you have been with? Has he replaced me?" The last question held so much jealousy. 

"No one can replace you Buchi." "

"Good. So, you guys are friends?" I nodded "He looks nice. Later you introduce me to him."

"Okay."

"That's for another day. Nedum will be here soon. "

"Visiting week?"

"Yeah. His flight is landing tomorrow. "

"Yayyy!"

"See her face." He pinched my nose. "So what's doing you and Kenneth? Have you finally gained sense?"

"Yea I have."

"Good girl." He looked so happy. "So Chioma."

"What?"

"It's Friday."

"I know..."

"Come to my dorm room."

"If anyone sees me there..."

"As usual, Oscar isn't around. And most, if not all, have houses outside. So, please. "

"I'll bring clothes. Have your snacks finished? "

"Bring your own oo. Biko. When you are ready, call me,  you hear?" I nodded.

"Catch you later." I told him, freeing from his hold. He pecked my cheek.

"Later."

Hello 👋

Hello 👋.  I'm back after all these months. Exams just ended few days ago, I was taking a break. 

So it's almost the end of JULY. This chapter is dedicated to DukeEsther, whom I promised an update this month. 

And to my new followers and readers, thank you all. ♥︎.