3. VISITING

ू ₒ ु  ───  » » »   ↳ episode two ↴

               ू ₒ ु  ───  » » » ↳ episode two

IT WAS FINALLY time to see Mike. Mike had promised to visit over spring break, which made them all happy. Unfortunately, not for Jonathan, he was happy at first because Nancy had been coming. But at the last minute, she decided not to. So, Jonathan wasn't happy and hasn't been ever since.

Melanie sat between Will and El, shaking her leg again. The three were waiting patiently, looking through the crowd. El stood up as soon she saw the raven-haired boy in the crowd.

"Mike!" El called out, getting his attention. Mike made eye contact with her as she waved at him. "Ah!" Eleven chuckled, happily, running to the Wheeler boy.

Melanie watched as they shared a kiss, she looked down. Will and Melanie stood up, the two stared at how Mike and El were so happy. Jonathan definitely noticed they were staring.

The four approached Mike and El. "Hey. How you doing?" Mike asked, patting Will on back. Melanie waited for at least a "hey" or a hug but received nothing. "Hey, Mike." Jonathan welcomed.

"Hey, How you doing?" the Wheeler boy raised a question. "Yeah, good, man." Mike smiled. "Great," his gaze shifted to the object in Will's hand. "Uh— what's that?"

The Byers boy shrugged, pretending like it was nothing. "Um, it's nothing. It's just this painting I've been working on," the Wheeler boy nodded. "Cool,"

Everyone stood there in awkwardness, Melanie still awaited a hug. "That's a rad shirt, man." Argyle complimented, startling the Wheeler boy. "Ocean Pacific?"

"Oh, hey, Mike," Mike's gaze switched to Jonathan. Melanie let out a sigh. "This is, uh, my friend Argyle," Jonathan introduced.

"Oh. Hey," Mike held out a hand for him to shake, instead of Argyle shaking it, he pulled the raven-haired boy into what seemed like a hug.

"Oh no, no, no." Argyle pulled away. "No, it's a shitty knockoff. Yeah. But don't sweat it. I'll get you the good threads out here," Mike kept changing his gaze.

"I heard a lot about your sister," the Wheeler boy looked at Jonathan with widened eyes. "Uh." Jonathan put his hands into his pockets, awkwardly.

They stood there in quiet before Jonathan cleared his throat. "O-Okay. Um, should we go?" the Byers boy asked. "Yeah, this is kinda awkward, man." Argyle acknowledged. "Yeah, so awkward."

Mike put his arm around El, walking together. Melanie watched as the couple was chatting. She stayed back for a moment, wondering why Mike didn't greet her. He hadn't seen her in forever, so why wouldn't he say "hi"?

                                    ✧──────✧

"I have our whole day planned," El said to her boyfriend. "First, El Rodeo for burritos," she told him, excitedly. Melanie turned to Will. "Did she talk to you about any of this?" Will shook his head.