piece 16 End pt2

(I'M SORRY I KNOW I SAID A FEW HOURS BUT LISTEN. I FELL ASLEEP LAST NIGHT AND EDITING HAS TAKEN FOREVER)

As Sunday came around, texas sighed as he paced in the living room, going over exactly what he would do. As he did this he saw Maine and Alaska in the kitchen. At the moment he had 2 hours to wait. Cali had let him know that he could bring him on any sort of date, so texas prepared a day out of what he would do.
He had been thinking through it all when he felt a flick against his forhead. He looked up and saw Maine now holding out a cup of coffee with a smile, "how long have you been up?" Texas smiled in appreciation as he took the cup.
He took a drink of his coffee before he answered, "early enough even the church would frown, an thanks." He spike in appreciation in reference to the cup given to him, only to feel his shoulder grabbed as he was dragged to the kitchen.
Alaska was standing there smiling as he was pouring himself another cup, "nice outfit little buddy, so I take it that the date idea worked?"
"No shit, Sherlock, I messaged you for hours after he fell asleep like a love sick dimbit."
Alaska laughed, shaking his head. He looked at texas with a grin, "I'm happy for you, Tex. Now tell me what you are planning to do. If you say it aloud once you might think through it a few less thousand times."
Texas grinned and leaned against the counter, "I'm takin him to Austin.., there's a lot goin on there today. There's some hikin trails, roller skate rent stands open, and a large live music venue and...." he glanced back as he saw a certain State's torso coming down the stairs, causing him to bounce on his heals again, "I think I'll tell you the rest depending on how it goes afterward."
Maine smiled and his boyfriend's, basically, younger brother and gave a hum towards them, "if anything happens just message us. I'll have my phone on all day, alright?"
Texas laughed softly, tho was appreciative, "everythin will be fine, but thanks- You leach!" Texas had arms wrap around him and laughed as kisses hit the side of his neck.
"Good morning to you too," cali giggled, feeling as texas squirmed a bit. He let go of the other and went to the coffee pot, grabbing a cup to drink.
"Ya know, love, I think leach is a really cute pet name, we should take notes." Alaska joked, hearing a laugh from her bofriend.
"Hmm, water creatures? How about salmon, or were you going for blood sucking? Because in that case, mosquito is just adorable." Maine said this with a smile, giving his lover a kiss.
Cali laughed, going back to Texas, who looked rather embarrassed, "Don't worry, Firefly, I thought it was very romantic." Texas snickered at that, shaking his head. He looked at the time, it was just almost 7. "So, why are we headed out so early?" Cali questioned with a hum, getting a smile from the south state.
"Well, while it's early here, it's a bit later where we're headed," cali rose a brow but nodded.
"Okkk, I'm gonna go grab my bag and change, Than we can go." He smiled and gave texas a quick kiss before leaving the kitchen with his coffee.
Texas had already been changed into a white button up that had a sweater (of california's) over it, only so that the cuffs and collar showed through. As for pants he wore basic black jeans and he had on some more casual flat shoes on. To add to this he had a tote bag, gifted to him by cali, with his personal stuff inside, deciding he'd have it instead of the usual backpack he'd wear out for stuff like this.
When cali went upstairs both Maine and Alaska watched Texas. "You're down so bad." Alaska commented, a grin as they Watched Tex.
"Their not just down, He fell up the stairs only to be helped up and fall backwards again" Main said this after his boyfriend's comment, recieving an eye roll from Texas.
"You say as you tag team with each other."
"We aren't-"
"-And werent-"
"-In denial."
Texas scoffed and gave a laugh, "you interject each other's sentence." He finished his cup before setting it down carefully in the sink.
He went to the doorway of the kitchen and heard a 'have fun' as he left, making them shake their head while they picked up the bag. The bag had a few portable chargers, reusable water bottles, texas wallet, a basic switch blade which texas instead put in his pocket saying as he carried it around for safety, and finally just sone small snacks and some of cali's favorite candies.
As he stood in the living room, his face heated as he saw cali walk down the stairs. Cali had on a pair of red beach shorts, accompanied by a white tank top that was layered under texas flag button up, hanging loosely unbuttoned. "Ready to go, lonestar?" Texas swallowed but smiled, putting out his hand.
"Mind if I tellaport us both?" Cali playfully pouted a he took texas hand, grabbing his waist and pulling him close.
"Aww, don't wanna tell me where we're going?" Cali teased as he rested his head carefully against his partner's.
"How else would I kidnap you, bringing you far away where no one would find ya ever again?" Texas heard cali laugh and grinned; kissing the west state's cheek.
"Fine, fine, go right ahead firefly." With that Tex's put a secure arm around California and brought them both to, the heart of texas. In Austin. They were both on a hill with a wide view of forest, a small lake at the bottom of it next to a trail. "Woah... ok, where are we exactly? This doesn't.. look like oregon, Washington, I mean, I know we aren't in my state, where-"
"Theres more to tex's than desert." He teased, smiling as he saw California's eyes light up a bit. "And before you say anything, I wouldn't even think of taking you somewhere like Killeen, We're in Austin." Texas felt his waist grabbed as cali gave him a kiss, making texas smile.
"Don't be a dork- I wouldn't mind it to much, I mean thank you but you don't have to worry about blue and red and what not all to much.. we have disagreements on it but i love you, and I thank you for the thought, but you don't have to worry about it, ok? "Cali saw texas awkwardly smile, nervousness in the south state.
"I'll remember that next time, " he chucked, giving cali another peck on the lips before taking his hand, "cmon, wanna go see the lake? There's usually dear and - woah woah be careful," texas laughed as he was now running down the hill with cali, going down to the water where a picnic blanket was already set up with a few pillows, some food and varying drinks.
"How long did you plan this out? It was 2 days, Firefly! " Cali laughed as they both sat down. The lake in front of them was beautiful- although it was warmer already in texas than it was in California, saying as he had times 2 hours ahead.
Inside the lake you could see fish swimming around and there were flowers planted along the small shoreline it had. They were lucky enough to see a few dear across the lake that texas pointed out, and cali was sure to get a picture of them, making the south state smile wide. Seeing the west state happy made him have reciprocated emotions.
While texas ate some fruit, cali was all around fascinated by the surroundings. Texas soon leaned gently against cali, and the west state turned to grip them.. it was calm for now, tho they'd only be there about an hour.
Tex gave a hum as the two day there in comfortable silence, "So, what's your middle name? " He joked, feeling cali giggle against him. Saying as they were states they didn't exactly have the same date talk you'd expect, like, middle name? You'd have to be joking.
"Hmm.. do I get to pick? " Tex nodded and they both giggled a bit, "how abouuuut, chamomile. What's yours? "
Texas thought a moment before smiling, "Aliado." He said this calmly while staring into the water with the other.
"Cute, isn't that what texas meant anyway in Spanish? Friendly or aly?" Tex's nodded against cali's shoulder, smiling softly.
After the two had cuddled for awhile, they soon decided to actually walk the trail; taking their things after they'd drank some water.
"So, what made you choose here, Tex?" Cali questioned this while walking next to the southerner, holding his hand calmly.
"Convinience and placement." Texas smiled, seeing cali roll his eyes.
"And what does that mean exactly?" Cali asked with a grin, pulling on texas hand some.
"It means.. things aligned propperly." He decided, smiling as they were reaching the end of the and coming out at some gates. Cali honestly was now thinking about what really texas had planned. He'd been out in California, lots to do and keep busy and- they're in texas. What exactly could Tex be-, "do ya know how to skate?" Texas questioned, looking to hear cali's answer.
Cali gave a hum with a rose brow, "well.. I've ice skated, I can ride a skateboard pretty well-" he watched as texas had a grin of slight mischief, causing cali to blush, "Fine, no I can't roller skate, I just didn't try it when I had the chance and... I couldn't balance."
Texas smiled, giving a hum as he tugged cali with him. "Well, if you want we can grab skateboards instead, guarantee you'll see me fall on my face a few times." Cali laughed and shook his head.
"Where exactly are we even gonna- that's a lot of flags- and trucks," cali cut himself off as they both reached the street, texas having stopped cali so they could let the rush of cars go by. To say the least it wasn't uncommon in the prideful state to see trucks and cars bearing flags, weather it be the state flag, American flags, the flag that shows support of police, tho if you were in Austin and you were lucky, you'd see some rainbow flags too.
"Cmon!" Texas held Cali's arm as they ran across the road, having to be a bit faster due to traffic. As they got across the street, tex smiled and dragged cali toward a small shop. Cali couldn't help the smile that stuck to his face, walking into a small business shop that had a small food area along with a skating rental area near by that spot. "Wanna grab some icecream before grabbing skates?" Texas questioned this and felt cali's hand tighten, his joy practically radiating through them.
"Sure- I didn't realize there were small business shops like this here," Cali said calmly as they made their way to the ice cream stand spot. There were only about 10 flavors total, but the variety was there.
"Hey there, cuties, what can I get ya both this fine afternoon?" The southern waitress asked the two this and texas smiled while Cali got a bit socially awkward.
"Just give us a second please, ma'am." Texas spoke respectfully before turning to cali who's grip was tight on the other, "if ya need, you can look and than I can order for you. " Texas offered, seeing the appreciative grin on calis face.
"Greenapple caramel?" Cali requested, to which texas nodded calmly, turning back to the lady who waited patiently.
"1 large double greenapple caramel, and another that's strawberry-blue mix, please." With that the lady smiled.
"Oh bless you two's heart, ya get more adorable by the second." As she flirted, cali tried not to laugh as texas gave a half-offended huff. "That'll $13.70 please, hunny."
Texas paid and took the cones, handing cali's his rightfully, "thank ya', miss. You have a great day." With this texas walked away with cali towards the skates rental spot, grumbling about blessings and hearts as they went.
"Howdy, Hotties, did you by chance reserve rental spots?" A male behind the counter got cali to blush and Texas snickered at his boyfriend, giving a nod, "Alright, and a name?"
"I told you I'd say TXCA?" The male behind the counter seamed to get embarrassed as he realized the states he was talking to, immediately chuckling nervously although texas waved at what was about to be an apology, "care if we take our picks?"
"Not- not at all, you can come behind the counter- sorry I didn't recognize-" texas laughed softly, shaking his head as he brought cali around the counter.
"Its alright, really." Texas brought cali to the various skating stuff, picking up a pair of skates that were red and black as he checked the size, looking to his boyfriend, "I already payed for the amount of time we'd have em."
Cali smiled and gave a nod, looking over the various skates and boards, "care if I grab a board instead of skates," texas looked at him with a smile, shaking his head as he carried his chosen skates over to where cali was looking at boards. "So, you can't skate on boards at all?"
"Ok, surfer state, what response are you really expecting?" At that California laughed, shaking his head as he looked over the boards.
Cali grabbed texas skates, looking over them before he sighed, "how do you know what skates work for you?"
"Well, it's mostly based off size, but if your learning it's more common to have doubled wheels. Wanna look at em?" As he asked cali glanced over texas skates again before responding in an affirmative; the two than making their way over. "Alright, what's your show size?"
"10s- and I don't mind whatever colour I get, I just want doubted wheels, there's no way I'm balancing on... those," texas laughed in responce to cali's distaste of the wheels his own skates had.
Texas looked around before finding a light blue and green pair that had doubled wheels and, were the propper size, "like these ones?" He questioned, handing them over to cali while he was putting his own skates on, deciding to try em out before leaving the store.
As cali put them on he had say down to do so, feeling they fit, "yeah they work-... how do I stand up?" Texas smiled and crouched, pushing his feet out to use the blockers to balance.
"Alright, tip up your heals so yer blocks help ya balance," he carefully helped cali angle their skates before holding his hands out, "now give me your hands and I'll pull yeh up."
Cali took texas hands carefully, trying to stand with the help, although he mostly latched to texas as soon as he actually steadied, getting the southerner to laugh, "I'm not moving- DONT YOU DARE MOVE." texas laughed, planting his skates flat so ha could move easier.
"Its ok gold- just flatten your feet and hold on to me, you'll be fine." Texas held cali's sides as the west state slowly flattened his skates, immediately grabbing Texas shoulders tightly, in hopes of not crumbling like a baby dear learning to walk. "See, not so bad, huh?"
Tex's grin made cali huff a he attempted to balance on his own, slowly letting go of their lover, "what do I do to try and.. move?"
Texas hummed,gently linking an arm to cali, "alright, I'm gonna slowly skate with ya, and you just angle your feet left to right- I guess similar to how someone leans on a skateboard to turn, ok?"
California nodded, holding texas arm as they slowly went across the floor, both being able to stop relatively easily. Texas smiled as cali got it, leading him another direction, "see? not so bad. Ready to go out with em?"
Cali nodded slowly, "sure, these aren't to hard to-" he almost fell here, grabbing tightly onto texas wrist, "-figure out."
Tex smiled, leading cali slowly out the shop, picking up their icecreams again, "alright, we'll go slow." He brought cali towards the door and gave a smile to the guy behind the counter before they both left.
After leaving the store, they did in fact go slowly, relatively easy for both of them after some time. "Where are we headed now?" Cali questioned qs he was holding onto texas arm still, which of who gladly helped the west state stay stable while they skated.
"There's a park down this path I think you'll like to see, and after that theres some other stuff we can do but I didn't want a super minute by minute plan set out, ya know?" Cali leaned over and pressed a fast kiss to texas cheek before fastly skating stably again.
"Sounds great, Firefly." Cali couldn't help but smile next to him lover.. they were just- adorable. Thinking of all of this and planning it all was just- cali stopped paying attention, and, was now falling from a hole in the side walk to- "not exactly how I expected to get dipped."
Texas was easily able to tip forward from his heals while he grabbed cali by the waist, stopping the other from hitting the ground. "... seams someone's falling for me all over again." He grinned as he saw California blush, simply pulling him back up by the shoulders. "So, tip your heels and.. there, and you're up." He smiled seeing California blush still, clearly embarrassed.
They continued down the path again, now rambling on various topics. They spoke on many topics, ranging from Austin and pride flags to Jefferson and orange country, really talking to know more about each other's states and what similarities their differences have.
As they made it to the Park, Texas just about had a fit of excitement seeing California's eyes light up an his jaw drop to the live music fest- tho there was a lot of country music being played, there was also a lot of small start up bands playing over a range of genre's.
"This- what is- this is insane! In a good way- like, oh my god; I'm california and I haven't even seen something like this.." texas laughed, holding cali's hand while leading cali into the event.
Texas brought him forward to an area that they could here each other in, "Well, everythings bigger and texas, and, I have to credit Austin for bein a pretty great city."
California laughed gently, pulling texas over to kiss him, mostly using him to balance... tho texas didn't really notice that.
They kissed until texas pulled away gently, mostly for air as he smiled with cali, "how comfortable are you with your skates?"
Cali looked slightly skeptical towards texas, still holding his shoulders, "im... comfortable, why?"
Texas smirked as he gently gripped cali's waist, slowly leading him towards a more clear, parking lot like area, "comfortable enough for a dance?" He saw cali's eyes go wide, tho there was still a smile on his face, "It's ok, its easier than ya would think in these."
From there, cali nodded and slowly they started to go through the steps of how it would work. Carefully cali started getting the hang of it, only faltering a little bit when it came to spins, tho fastly he was learning to do the steps propperly.
Soon enough they were both comfortable enough to let go of each other, and cali only actually fell once, but managed to get back up laughing. Both states were having fun.
It was interesting to see what would be described as gentle or delicate sways done in brash, quick motions while on skates, but, they managed to do it really well, laughing as they messed around. Cali had probably the most fun actually messing with texas tho, as by the end of their dancing he was wearing texas hat and the southern state had his hands pinned above their head against a tree- which take it, he had no idea how cali was managing this with his skill in skating, but, he surely wasn't going to deny the threat of a fun time.
Cali smiled before kissing Tex, feeling the hat tip up from the angle he kissed the other, slowly starting to trail down towards texas neck before their bodies were pressing together, a smirk finding cali's lips as texas shivered.
As cali now kissed texas neck, he heard small gasps release from texas, to which only made him attack texas neck more.
After a few minutes cali leaned back some to admire his work, seeing texas red with embarrassment and with fresh hickey marks slowly bruising his neck. "Thanks for bringing me out on a date, firefly."
Texas blushed but smiled at cali, speaking calmer than he expected, "your welcome, but its not over yet, y'know."
Cali grinned at that, pulling on him lovers arm to cause them to skate forward, "mhmm, I know, but seriously I love this." Tex grinned, seeing cali stop at a band that was playing.
They were really good, a smaller band that was starting up, but truly impressive. They reminded Texas of Wheatus or Hollywood Ending.
They both stood there admiring the band for a minute before texas saw they had a stand that had a few hoodies, shirts and small prints. He glanced at cali, grinning before he let go of his Lover's arm and skated over.
Everything was cheaply priced, they probably just added a few dollars to however much it costed to make the hoodie. Thats not the best marketing.. whatever, not his business, not his place to judge. They looked at stage tech and smiled, "who do I pay if I'm getting some of these?"
The stage tech smiled, walking over, "Heya! So after this song they'll walk down and be about to sell you some stuff, but we like to give qt least a songs leaned time for people to look at stuff, make sure they check sizes, all the fun stuff." He leaned on the table carefully, seeing cali skate up behind texas, "What are you two looking into getting? If there's any sizes you want that you dont see too I think we have more behind the stage."
Texas nodded, pulling cali forward some from behind him. He wouldn't force him to talk but he liked his shy lover to at least go next to them, "we'll look through what you have out, tha k you for tellin us everything." Texas gave an honestly appreciative grin before turning to cali, "wanna get a few new hoodies?"
Cali chuckled some, he spoke quieter to speak only to texas, "only if I'm allowed to pay, you've been buying everything today."
Texas rolled his eyes but nodded, "if you pay I'll still tip- they are really under-pricing everything, I don't know how theyre making a great profit from it.." cali nodded and they both in turn grabbed a few shirts and 2 hoodies each before they went to the prints.
"We should just get one of each of these and hang them up around the house-" cali started grabbing prints and texas nodded.
"a 100 percent, if we're lucky we might even confuse florida." Cali laughed at that and they put their pile of stuff at the empty place in the table, both now talking calmly.
"Holly shit." They looked over to see the singer, nervously laughing at bit as texas slung his arm over Cali's shoulders, "pleasure to meet ya two.. wow, why are you two gettin so much-"
Texas smiled, seeing the guitarist elbow the other, "Don't press to much, man, they're states; I doubt they would buy an resell stock."
"You all are amazing," cali commented, making the band members redirect attention, "honestly seeing start up bands I awesome, and I see you guys AR going to go hella far."
Texas nodded, seeing the more nervous drummer speak, "thanks, that means a lot from you."
The bassist went over to start pricing everything, and texas gave a hum, "while I love y'alls music and your ethics are really skilled, I should tell you to reprice some of your stock. Its really low for your skill, and honestly you need to add your time and skill into pricing, not just price of material or supplies."
He watched the singer get nervous as the guitarist fastly start saying how they were right. "Thanks, but this is the first time we're selling at some of these so honestly a big part of this is for advertising it. The more people that buy tight now, the more people will see our logos." The bassist spoke from behind the table now, finishing up calculating the cost.
Texas and California glanced at each other before cali gave a slow nod, "would you.. like some more wide spread advertising... say, I don't know, getting tagged by the statehouse account on Twitter, Instagram, a few other places?" Texas smiled when he saw the singer's jaw drop and the guitarists eyes light up.
The bassist's eyes were wide as he now had a receipt in hand, "thats... a hundred and forty- ok what was that?"
California paid while taking their bag of goodies, "just a few pictures, it would be awesome getting pictures with all of you anyway." Texas gave a nod, seeing the drummer smile wide.
After they all decided on the picture, texas went back over to the counter, pulling out 200 dollars, "here's for better pricing, do you all have enough stock for us to post the picture now, or no?"
The bassist slowly took the money, greatful of the state, "I think we have enough- thank you so much, shit" Texas laughed softly, nodding.
"Well we'll post it in 30 minutes, its been great meeting you all." With that texas skated to cali hugging him from behind with a laugh as cali lost balance on the skates, holding him up.
Cali and texas both skated around the live music thingy for awhile more before they made their way back towards the skates shop. "They were sweet." Texas commented calmly, getting a nod from cali.
"Yeah, I told them they should Hit LA next and gave them some contacts." The two smiled, reaching the shop quickly. It was only just nearly reaching 4 o clock; so, texas had 1 last plan before the final.