The Sauna Test

The three made it back to Max's house, the rain still pouring down outside. They had set up some heaters in Max's room and had changed into some dry clothes, Cal in the bathroom.

"So we're just swapping jackets now huh?" Cal asked as came back into the room wearing Max's red jacket while she was wearing Cal's blue jacket.

"Yep, I prefer yours over that one." Max said grinning. Cal shook his amused at the girls actions while El watched the couple, letting out a couple of giggles.

"Suit yourself."

The redhead smiled and gave her boyfriend a quick kiss before she sat next to El on the bed while Cal sat on the floor listening to the two talk.

"Which one?" Max smiled at El, holding a 'Wonder Woman' and 'Green Lantern' comics.

"I don't know." El shrugged. Cal could tell she was still disturbed about the events that transpired today.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Cal tried to reassure the girl.

"It doesn't make sense." El said.

"What doesn't make sense?" Max questioned.

"Heather. The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it." Cal stated. "I'm not sure where the blood came from, but we saw her looking healthy. She's totally fine."

"What about Billy?" That was a good point. Cal remembered seeing him stare at the three as they left, that cold feeling he got as well.

"What about him?" Max asked.

"He seemed wrong."

"Wrong is kind of like his default." Max said with a chuckle, "But it's nice to know he's not a murder, because that would've totally sucked." She said with a smile.

El chuckled lightly before her eyes fell on the 'Wonder Woman' comic, "Who... is that?" She asked, her eyes shining at the comic.

"See this is why I wanted you to hang out with Max, you actually find superheros that aren't boys." Cal said, chuckling as he grabbed the comic. "This is Wonder Woman." He finished, handing the comic to her.

El examined the comic as Max got under the covers with her, opening the book. Cal smiled at the sight and sat at the end of the bend.

"AKA Princess Diana. She's from Paradise Island, which is like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors." Max told her.

Morning quickly came around once again. Cal slowly woke up and found himself on the floor in Max's red jacket with a blanket around him, but what was more interesting was that Max was sleeping next to him, her arms around him and her head nuzzling into his chest. Cal wondered when she slept with him, but shook his head and decided to try and fall back asleep, well tried to at least.

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Max. Do you copy? This is a code red." Lucas' voice came from the walkie talkie, effectively waking up Max as well.

Cal leaned over Max and picked up the radio, "Shut. Up. We're trying to sleep." Cal groaned, pushing the antenna down so they wouldn't be disturbed.

Cal layed back down as Max looked into his eyes, "Sorry about that. Try and go back to sleep." He said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. Max smiled and cuddled back into Cal's chest. They were about to go to sleep until...

RING RING

"Oh for fuck sakes!" Cal yelled out annoyed, fully waking up Max and El by accident who both groaned at how loud he was, "Sorry"