chapter sixty nine

YOUR POV:

It was the end of my show and the crowd was still roaring with excitement. My body was on a high, rushing from all the adrenaline of bouncing around on stage and singing the lyrics with the crowd. It was an amazing feeling when the crowd knew all the lyrics to a song you wrote.

"The crowd was insane!" Travis came and wrapped me in a headlock. Both of us began wrestling some backstage, bumping into people and the equipment cases.

"You were killing it baby!" Kourtney came running over and Travis let go of me to hug his girl. It only made me crave Chloe all the more and I was excited to see her later tonight, wondering how the performance went with the girls.

"You coming  to the after party?" My bestie asked me and I zoned back in.

"Huh? Uh, no. I'm gonna meet Chloe half way and pick her up so she can join the rest of the tour." I told him, declining his offer.

"Sounds cute. I'm gonna head back to the hotel if you need me for anything."

I nodded, watching the couple walk away holding on to each other tightly. My phone started ringing when I got back to my dressing room to grab my things before taking a car back to the hotel to shower. The caller ID said Chloe's name so I answered with a smile on my face.

"Hey beautiful." I grinned.

Chloe giggled, "Hi baby. How was the show?"

"The crowd was insane and Travis is really hyped up." I ran my fingers through my hair, "How was your show baby?"

There were a few moments of silence as I heard some shuffling on the other end, "We didn't perform. Emily and the new Bella's did and they were great but it was a miscommunication."

I frowned, "I'm sorry baby. We can stop and get some ice cream on the way back if you want? Will that cheer you up?"

There was more silence.

"About that baby.. Aubrey had this idea since her dad is in the military, he could get us an invitation to Spain. That's the start of the USO tour to celebrate our troops. It's not a competition although I feel like it should be, but DJ Khaled is hosting and we all think it would be cool to do something like this as a group one last time."

"Spain huh?" I mumbled, not knowing what to say as my heart thumped in my chest.

Chloe breathed, "Yeah. Spain and then Italy and then it ends in South France."

"What kind of timeline are we talking about, Chlo? An international tour hasn't exactly been brought up yet for me." I sat down on the couch in the dressing room, leaning forwards so my elbows were on my knees.

"Probably when the first leg of your tour is almost done or so." Chloe spoke, "I don't really know. All I know is that you're on tour and I may or may not get into vet school and... we're having a baby. I wanna do these things before it's time to settle down."

I nodded, heart aching from how badly I missed her and I wasn't going to (most likely) take a break for awhile, "I agree. I-I I-I'm just a little worried because you are pregnant and all the traveling and the stress. I just don't want anything to happen."

"I understand, baby. I promise I won't overdo it. And I got Aubrey and Beca and the rest of the girls by my side. I haven't told anyone yet, not without you."

I smiled at the thought of that, my eyes welling up with tears and I couldn't let this send me spiraling down. I felt like I was being dramatic about the whole thing, "Call me any chance you get okay? I don't care about the time differences. I'll do the same."