Chapter 53

Harper

I will never forget what it looks like to have Asher above me, taking care of me as if he's afraid I'll break—but also like he wants to find out. He's made sure my ankle is out of the way and I'm comfortable, but what he doesn't know is I could never be relaxed with him this close. Every nerve is on fire, every fiber of my being is awake and aware of exactly where he is in relation to me. And maybe getting an injury is the best thing that could have happened so I would be here right now climbing all over him.

I'm not going to think about what any of this means or what it means for us tomorrow. I've made it through my senior year without the complications that come from relationships and the drama that everyone gets tangled up in and tonight I choose to only get tangled up in him. He's making it easy to forget the work around me—to only focus on the here and now. I'm only interested in what his mouth and hands are doing in this second and what fun he plans on bringing next. I get it now—the excitement and hype from just hooking up and the way that kids my age seem to lose their mind over nights spent just like this. It feels like I've finally let go and embarrassed what's been building for days—this collision course we've been on since the moment I sat beside him on that plane. Fate has set this path and who am I to stray from what seems to fit so well.

It's quiet as the curtains blow with the subtle breeze, but my skin feels hot where Asher's hands explore. Everything was going so fast, but now it's as if time doesn't exist. We have all night and he isn't rushing anything. He looks into my eyes as he begins to slide my dress up my body. I lift carefully to not hurt my ankle and he discards it and has his palms back to heating up my flesh again quickly.

"Tell me when you want to stop," he says.

I nod. Then I find the bottom of his shirt and make it join my dress on the floor. We may have been two lost kids on a trip this week, but he's all man on top of me now. His skin is tan from our adventures and I want to feel every inch of it. My fingertips move from his neck to his shoulders then dip down to his chest, loving the way he watches as I memorize each muscle.

He dips his head to kiss my lips and adjusts his weight to hold himself up with one arm allowing him to trace a trail along the string of my bikini top. My hands move to his back, pulling him closer but not wanting to restrict any of the movement of those talented fingers. I arch into him and he takes the que to turn his attention to my exposed neck. I thought his lips on mine drove me insane, but the way he licks and kisses a path up neck has me desperate for more.

His hand slips behind my back, his fingers teasing the tiny strings of my top.

"I want to pull this," he says into my ear as he slowly starts to untie the knot. His voice sends a shiver down my spine and my skin tingles with awareness that I want that too.

"Do it," I answer, using his words that started this whole hot moment.

In my head, this moment I always worried I'd be shy or try to hide from the man I was with, but I don't move to cover myself in any way. I allow him to lift the top over my head and free it from my hair and around my neck. I want to watch him looking at me, but I also want to feel every sensation of his skin on mine as he admires what he's just exposed so my eyes keep closing to let me focus on one thing at a time.

"You're perfect," he tells me before kissing me again.

I keep my eyes shut as he follows his hands with his mouth, moving over my skin as if he knows exactly how to make me want him. And I want him.

He stops for a minute to guide my wrists above my head, resting them on the pillow. "Just you for a minute," he tells me. I can't even open my eyes I'm so drunk with lust so instead I nod my approval.

The back of his fingers brush softly from the pulse in my wrists along to my elbows and down until he's reached the waist of my bikini bottoms. He pauses their progression, simply sliding them back and forth along the sensitive flesh of my stomach. When I can't stand it any longer, I open my eyes and find him staring down at where we are almost connected between my legs. He must sense me watching because he lifts his gaze to mine.

"Do it," I whisper.

"I was hoping you'd say that," he replies.

He never takes his eyes off mine as he removes my bottoms, checking in or just enjoying the moment, I'm not sure, but it makes my stomach dance with excitement and a blush to rush up my body from my toes to my face.

The second his hand is between my legs, my eyes shut again. Days of sexual tension has lead to this moment and it's almost too much. His face is back between my jaw and collar bone as he kisses my neck and lightly sucks the sensitive skin into his hot mouth. He's adjusted his weight to the side of me and it feels as if I'm melting into the sheets with each gentle movement.

There is not a thought in my head—just pure dopamine bliss. When it builds, I feel him withdraw his lips to he can watch my face and listen to the change in my breathing. I force my eyes open just before the fall and wrap my arms around him, tangling my hands in his hair to pull his mouth to mine.